Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Integration with Google Home / Google Assistant - Now available for general use

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
it was working for me, but then it stopped with an error "invalid token"
and I just can't seem to find where to relink.... (see screenshot)

Google actions haven't implemented a workflow for automatic relinking yet. You can try the following...
In Google Assistant, click on the blue icon on the top right. That will display a directory of all Google Actions. Scroll down to the "Travel and Transport Section" and click on "More". Find EV Car in that list and click on the "Unlink" and then Link again.

Let me know if you cant find it and I'll try to create some screenshots.

Hi Gol4,

Your integration with Google Assistant and Google looks awesome but I can't use it in France...

The command "talk to ev car" doesn't work and we don't have the "blue icon" in French Google Assistant app...

Could you translate your voice command in French ? May be I could do it for you ? Or you could explain to me how to do it ?

Thank you

These days there are more than 100 active users per day :) I had a direct message exchange with K85P. There have been a few enhancements to the skill relating to retries on errors returned by Tesla APIs. Hopefully that reduces some of these messages.

Building on our Amazon Alexa Skill (EV Car / My Tesla), we have now added support for Google Home and Google Assistant. This allows you to control and communicate with your Tesla with no additional software to install. Support for Google Assistant is particularly exciting since it can be used from your phone from practically anywhere.

To get started, follow these steps:

Google Assistant on iPhone/iPad:
  • Open the Google Assistant app.
  • Say "Talk to EV Car".
  • You will see a card that prompts you to link to you Tesla Account.
  • Once linked, say "Talk to EV Car" again.
  • (Your spoken text might be recognized as "evie car" which is fine. You can also try to use the keyboard to enter the text directly)
Android Running 6.0+ (Most Android phones released in the last couple of years)
  • Say "Ok Google, talk to EV Car"
  • OR Hold the home button for a couple of seconds and Say "Talk to EV Car".
  • Once linked, say "Talk to EV Car" again.
  • (Your spoken text might be recognized as "evie car" which is fine. You can also try to use the keyboard to enter the text directly)
Google Home (Smart Speaker):
  • Say "Talk to EV Car".
  • You should get a prompt that EV Car is not yet linked.
  • Open the Google Home app on your phone.
  • Once linked, go back to the Google Home device and say "Talk to EV Car".
To link account, enter your Tesla Account email/password OR if you already have a token, just enter that instead. The email/password is only used to generate a token and is not stored anywhere.

Please treat this as Beta software. While this has been tested for the last month or so, there might be some corner cases that might need to be handled better. Google has also made recent changes to their infrastructure and there are certain scenarios that they still need to address. Please provide all feedback and suggestions on this forum.

Google Home in action (YouTube):

Direct link to the Google Action: https://assistant.google.com/services/a/id/5a33fba4f93f74bc/

Here are some things you can say:
get charge status
get car status
get climate status
get location
turn climate on
warm up my car
cool my car
set driver temperature to 72
set passenger side to 73
start charging
stop charging
honk the horn
flash lights
turn climate off
stop climate
stop heating
stop cooling
how warm is my car
how cold is my car
dude where's my car
get ready to take off
go into hyperdrive
how far can I drive
how far can I go
whats your name
switch cars
set charge limit to 85 percent
start charging to 90 percent
whats the charge limit
lock the car
unlock the car
I was using your Alexa app before Alexa was available in Canada and my Amazon account was link to US. Now that my Amazon account is linked to Canada I can no longer Access your Alexa skill. Is it possible to make it available on Amazon Alexa skills for Canada?

Hi Gol4, i'm a french owner of a Tesla. I really wanted to test your google action.
In french, i did not succeed. I switch the assistant to english and then i was able to connect to talk to EV Car and link my account.
I successfully tried command and it was OK. Great work.
I'm now back to french and it's not working anymore.

Can you do something to enable it for french people, if you need help for the translation or whatever, i can do it for you.
Two of my friends will get Teslas next week so we will definitely be more french people interested in your work.
U.