Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Integration with Google Home / Google Assistant - Now available for general use

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In google Home you can create shortcuts.
So when I say "Get Darth Vader Ready" = "Ask EV Car to start climate control"
works really well, and sounds way sexier than "EV CAR" hehe

Odd! "Ask EV Car to start climate control" works for me (yay). But "Ask EV Car to get location" never works: it instead replies "I missed what you said. Say it again?" or "What was that?"

Does anyone know of a reverse integration? I want to be able to use Google Assistant from my Tesla touch screen. Like go to a assistant.google.com tap a mic icon and speak the command. Better yet if I could use the voice command button on the steering wheel - but I would think that would require Tesla's official support. This would be handy for controlling things like lights or other devices you have connected to Google Assistant. Access control / security can be handled via Google Authentication.

Hi @Gol4
I think I might have found a bug or issue today.
I simply cannot get the car to charge:

Thanks for your message ( and for being so persistent). I has laughing watching your video. It must have been frustrating.
The problem is not with the app or you, its google. I can reproduce it on my Google Home. Using their web simulator however works fine. Using google assistant on phone works a little better. I am going to collect some raw data and open a case with Google Assistant support folks.

Thanks.

Reactions: Siggy101
Hee hee. UtIwa
Thanks for your message ( and for being so persistent). I has laughing watching your video. It must have been frustrating.
The problem is not with the app or you, its google. I can reproduce it on my Google Home. Using their web simulator however works fine. Using google assistant on phone works a little better. I am going to collect some raw data and open a case with Google Assistant support folks.

Thanks.

Yeah, it got quite funny here too. I've learned to laugh about these things and move on with life. lol

I hope you get some progress with google support. It is indeed a clear issue with the Home. Sadly, I bought the Home after trying your awesome app. I'm not saying it was the only reason but it was a big part of it. It used to work ok so something has changed somewhere. I'll sit tight until you come back with progress updates.
In the meantime, it's back to using the phone app.
Have a good one @Gol4

Hee hee. UtIwa

Yeah, it got quite funny here too. I've learned to laugh about these things and move on with life. lol

I hope you get some progress with google support. It is indeed a clear issue with the Home. Sadly, I bought the Home after trying your awesome app. I'm not saying it was the only reason but it was a big part of it. It used to work ok so something has changed somewhere. I'll sit tight until you come back with progress updates.
In the meantime, it's back to using the phone app.
Have a good one @Gol4

Can you please check if it works now? Google Support gave a weird answer but that gave me some hints on what might have changed. Apparently the intent should be defined to look for type "percent" instead of type "number". I've made that change and it seems to work in my limited tests.

Reactions: Siggy101
@Gol4 any idea why it is failing now ?

Screenshot_20180226-103400.jpg

@GoI4, Been enjoying the fruits of your labor - great work.
As of last night now getting this error "Invalid token use Google Assistant to re-link to account". No sure how to do that - could you help with what steps I need to take?

When I "Stop" the EV car app and then type in "Talk to EV car" I can get into the EV car fine and it responds with a "Hi", but any other command gives me the invalid token error above.