Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Integration with Google Home / Google Assistant - Now available for general use

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is no way to know when a given token will expire. Supplying the username and password currently does not solve this problem because my design goal was not to save the username/password anywhere. I am rethinking that strategy right now as asking a user to regenerating/relink on Google Assistant is very painful as compared to the process on Amazon Alexa.

Do people reading this have an opinion on whether they would prefer to have this app store username/password and autogenerate tokens when they expire?

When giving the access token, why not optionally ask for the refresh token in addition, and when the access token fails, try refreshing? (or also ask for the "created_at" and "expires_in" fields too so you can check if you need to refresh before making any requests)

I'm trying to build a Google Assistant routine that (in part) prepares my car to leave in the morning by turning on climate control via EV Car. The problem is that just about 100% of the time, my first request to EV Car says that "EV Car is not responding right now". I assume this is because the car is in a deep sleep first thing in the morning.

Any suggestion on how I might get this to work? I've toyed with putting in a dummy command like "is my car charged" first just to wake the car up even though I know it will fail, but haven't had great results with that either. Looking for ideas.

I'm trying to build a Google Assistant routine that (in part) prepares my car to leave in the morning by turning on climate control via EV Car. The problem is that just about 100% of the time, my first request to EV Car says that "EV Car is not responding right now". I assume this is because the car is in a deep sleep first thing in the morning.

Any suggestion on how I might get this to work? I've toyed with putting in a dummy command like "is my car charged" first just to wake the car up even though I know it will fail, but haven't had great results with that either. Looking for ideas.

I'm experiencing the exact same problem! Anyone have any insight?

Hi, I am from Germany and this cool thing don't work. If I enter "talk to Ev car" or open the website, nothing happen. Here a screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181027-160902.png
    Screenshot_20181027-160902.png
    56.1 KB · Views: 108
I just want to say this is awesome. My car is named Voltron. So I get to say "Form Voltron" and my car's climate control kicks in.

I noticed we can't seem to issue more than one command at a time. For example, I couldn't set the routine to either say "tell ev car to turn on the climate control and unlock the car," or split them up into two commands. Ev car leaves the conversation after the first command. Are we able to do that, and I'm just using it wrong?

I just want to say this is awesome. My car is named Voltron. So I get to say "Form Voltron" and my car's climate control kicks in.

I noticed we can't seem to issue more than one command at a time. For example, I couldn't set the routine to either say "tell ev car to turn on the climate control and unlock the car," or split them up into two commands. Ev car leaves the conversation after the first command. Are we able to do that, and I'm just using it wrong?
You can start the conversation with "Talk to EV car". That will keep the conversation open waiting for the each command. End the conversation by saying "Cancel" or "Stop"

There is no way to know when a given token will expire. Supplying the username and password currently does not solve this problem because my design goal was not to save the username/password anywhere. I am rethinking that strategy right now as asking a user to regenerating/relink on Google Assistant is very painful as compared to the process on Amazon Alexa.

Do people reading this have an opinion on whether they would prefer to have this app store username/password and autogenerate tokens when they expire?
I am using www.linkmytesla.dk where I need to renew my Token every month. The procedure is very simple. You may contact [email protected] for further information.

I have the same problem. I am playing with a routine that does the following with mixed results so far. Have to wait until car goes back to sleep to test it again.

But what I did was set up a routine where when I ask Google to get my car ready it does the following commands:

Ask ev car to get charge status (I know this will fail but should wake up car)
Set volume to 0
Count to 100
Set volume to 7
Ask ev car to turn climate on

Not a very elegant solution but a workaround that will hopefully do the trick.

I hope Tesla adds the option to keep the car awake. I think I'd rather have the additional vampire drain then have to wait forever sometimes for the car to wake up when using the app or this Google assistant app.

I have the same problem. I am playing with a routine that does the following with mixed results so far. Have to wait until car goes back to sleep to test it again.

But what I did was set up a routine where when I ask Google to get my car ready it does the following commands:

Ask ev car to get charge status (I know this will fail but should wake up car)
Set volume to 0
Count to 100
Set volume to 7
Ask ev car to turn climate on

Not a very elegant solution but a workaround that will hopefully do the trick.

I hope Tesla adds the option to keep the car awake. I think I'd rather have the additional vampire drain then have to wait forever sometimes for the car to wake up when using the app or this Google assistant app.

I think I'll try this, too - thanks. I have the same problem and sometimes it even replies with "could_not_wake_buses What can I do for you?" then it usually works for the next command.

Hi, I am from Germany and this cool thing don't work. If I enter "talk to Ev car" or open the website, nothing happen. Here a screenshot
I had the exact same problem. Finally solved it by unlinking the Tesla account all together and then relink. That made the token page reappear - finally!

Visit this page (might have to be done from a computer): https://assistant.google.com/services/a/uid/000000196c7e079e?hl=en-IN
1) Press the "Unlink" button in the upper right corner (you have to be logged in with your Google account)
2) then hit the "Link" button
3) You will now - hopefully - be taken to the token page.
4) Fill in your Tesla details and you are good to go!

Hope this helps!

Love this app.
Google Home has just been released in my country.
would it be possible to somehow alter the skill so the languange changes to my foreign spoken language?
Im from Denmark, and i would love the skill to be able to work natively for me :)

Love this app.
Google Home has just been released in my country.
would it be possible to somehow alter the skill so the languange changes to my foreign spoken language?
Im from Denmark, and i would love the skill to be able to work natively for me :)
Just finished setup with my Google Home (needed to link via Website because the iOS app didn't work well). Would love to have this functionality in Dutch spoken language as well. Happy to help with this, I'm new to Google Assistent so have no knowledge if translation is easy or very hard to accomplish.

Is there a way to change 'EV Car' in a different name?

I love EV car and have used it for a long time. @Gol4 , is there any chance you can add commands to turn on the steering wheel and seat heaters? Also, most of the time the set temperature commands don’t work for me, even though temperature control from the Tesla app always works. EV car responds as though it worked, but the temperature set point in my car doesn’t change.
Thanks again for making EV car available.