Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Integration with Google Home / Google Assistant - Now available for general use

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Gol4 - hope you enjoying a great festive break - I feel bit self-concious to ask as you haven't charged for your work (donation?) - but did you manage to make time to get the Google skills working again? Please know your work is much appreciated.

Maybe you can let us know if the project is in progress/delayed/canned,

(Alexa not a preferred choice for me - it is bad enough with Google monitoring my life without Bezos' mob knowing more than absolutely necessary about me too)

@Gol4 - hope you enjoying a great festive break - I feel bit self-concious to ask as you haven't charged for your work (donation?) - but did you manage to make time to get the Google skills working again? Please know your work is much appreciated.

Maybe you can let us know if the project is in progress/delayed/canned,

(Alexa not a preferred choice for me - it is bad enough with Google monitoring my life without Bezos' mob knowing more than absolutely necessary about me too)
Hi. Yes making some progress on it. The Tesla authentication API has changed and doesn't work transparently anymore so that's another change to deal with. In addition, I am changing the way the app is hosted as well as the backend database. I'm hoping to get it done by the early January.

Hi. Yes making some progress on it. The Tesla authentication API has changed and doesn't work transparently anymore so that's another change to deal with. In addition, I am changing the way the app is hosted as well as the backend database. I'm hoping to get it done by the early January.

Fantastic news, thanks! I'm a software developer and could put in some time if it would help (and not just get in your way :)
Let me know.

And for those asking how to support, there seems to be a Donate link on the Evie Car site.

I have been waiting for this to come out since last summer and finally decided to try Tessie. It works very well and with google custom commands it works from any of my google home and google assistant powered devices.

Would still be glad to try this if it gets updated!!

Reactions: FMinMI
I have been waiting for this to come out since last summer and finally decided to try Tessie. It works very well and with google custom commands it works from any of my google home and google assistant powered devices.

I too wish it worked again, even with a 'purchase' price. I don't want Tessie - do not like apps that have monthly charges.

Since last summer? Wow thats a long time :)
So the update on this front is that I had started working on this again. Google has changed things completely in the last few months so it was practically like writing this from scratch. I did get it to work for me personally but getting it get past approval by Google team still requires some work. I'm back from an extended trip so should get some more time to work on this now. Will keep you updated.

So the update on this front is that I had started working on this again. Google has changed things completely in the last few months so it was practically like writing this from scratch. I did get it to work for me personally but getting it get past approval by Google team still requires some work. I'm back from an extended trip so should get some more time to work on this now. Will keep you updated.
Thank you.

I'd like to help. Don't know much but willing to learn. Perhaps I can help with testing. I'm willing to read doc(s) to try to help you figure things out, if that is helpful. Similarly, I'm willing to be a sounding board.

Reactions: FMinMI and Rolaids