Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Intelligent Octopus problems for a month. No help !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since 27th Aug, I've had no meter readings in app. I've told Octopus and they say they are receiving them but can't show them because of a third party or something. Smells dodgy to me. THis date, was also the date I visited France/Switzerland for a week.

Since coming back, the Octopus app cannot connect to the car. So when I plug in, the car just charges. OI doesn't schedule any sessions and I'm left with a nightmare still. I've tried getting help from Octopus only to be ignore. I've called/emailed a dozen times and I get nothing.

The only way for me to fix it is to keep reconnecting my car to the app, then eventually it seems to find the car. I've disconnected and reconnected the car more than once and I still have the same problem. The only thing I can think of is that there is either something wrong with the car software or Octopus themselves have a problem.

Has anyone else had or having the problem and do you have any advice for me to try and fix it?

many thanks

I had similar issues in regards to not getting a schedule via the app. However, sometimes when I'd check the Tessie app the following morning I could see different charge times as if it was being controlled by IO but again nothing showing as scheduled. I reached out to them on Twitter and they advised completely removing the car and going through the enrolling process again. In the past I had only disconnected/reconnected. Since re-enrolling it has started to work again. Only difference I've noticed is now it takes at least 10-20 mins for IO to "kick-in" so keep that in mind as at first I thought it still wasn't working but turns out I was just being impatient.

I had similar issues in regards to not getting a schedule via the app. However, sometimes when I'd check the Tessie app the following morning I could see different charge times as if it was being controlled by IO but again nothing showing as scheduled. I reached out to them on Twitter and they advised completely removing the car and going through the enrolling process again. In the past I had only disconnected/reconnected. Since re-enrolling it has started to work again. Only difference I've noticed is now it takes at least 10-20 mins for IO to "kick-in" so keep that in mind as at first I thought it still wasn't working but turns out I was just being impatient.
ah ok thank you. I mean it used to schedule straight away, like you say maybe I need to be a bit more patient now. thanks for the reply

ah ok thank you. I mean it used to schedule straight away, like you say maybe I need to be a bit more patient now. thanks for the reply
you need more time to get the schedule.

Previously IO was causing ~4-5 % vampire drain in 24 hrs if car was not plugged as it was polling data quite aggressively. Now I think they have reduced data polling rates. It results at car going to sleep and remaining sleeping even while not plugged in, but as trade off you have to wait a bit longer in order to get the schedule.

this is based on my observations only

Reactions: Leejmoff
you need more time to get the schedule.

Previously IO was causing ~4-5 % vampire drain in 24 hrs if car was not plugged as it was polling data quite aggressively. Now I think they have reduced data polling rates. It results at car going to sleep and remaining sleeping even while not plugged in, but as trade off you have to wait a bit longer in order to get the schedule.

this is based on my observations only
How long are you leaving it, i'm having similar issues where the only time it'll see my M3 is by removing the car completely from the account and doing the test charge again, it's frustrating that this has recently started to happen.

How long are you leaving it, i'm having similar issues where the only time it'll see my M3 is by removing the car completely from the account and doing the test charge again, it's frustrating that this has recently started to happen.
this is what is happening to me. I'm having to reconnect the car each time. I'm going to test it tonight and see what happens. I'll leave it an hour and check back. If nothing happens then back to square one.
Its the lack of reply from Octopus on it that is cheesing me off.

getting back home, let's say, 7 pm. plugging in. press stop charge after 2 minutes.

check Octopus app at 9 pm. schedule is always there

I’ve had the same issue, and had to disconnect the car and reconnect as it wasn’t showing the io schedule and just immediately began charging at peak rate. Now I just connect, then stop charge immediately via the Tesla app. Then if I check the octopus app 30 mins or so later the charge schedule has appeared. The car then charges as per the io schedule.

I had that for a while and still ongoing. Octopus occasionaly tweet a vaguely optimistic DM to me but nothing really moves forwards. I had my electric missing for 6 months and now they’ve slapped that entire amoutn on my bill so I’m in debit. The ‘year’ view in the app and website only goes back to July but I’ve been with them for two years. I have a mini from them but the live data simply doesn’t work and throws an error.

For now I’m sending gas meter readings monthly and keeping an eye on the app regularly to make sure its getting my electric.

I had that for a while and still ongoing. Octopus occasionaly tweet a vaguely optimistic DM to me but nothing really moves forwards. I had my electric missing for 6 months and now they’ve slapped that entire amoutn on my bill so I’m in debit. The ‘year’ view in the app and website only goes back to July but I’ve been with them for two years. I have a mini from them but the live data simply doesn’t work and throws an error.

For now I’m sending gas meter readings monthly and keeping an eye on the app regularly to make sure its getting my electric.
same to me :) but after that, billing is spot on.. except the gas meter which never worked a "smart" :D still trying to get them to respond to my request...

So I called Octopus again. Told them again that no meter readings. Charlie carefully explained that if they can't get the months (Half hourly) meter readings after they "triage" the smart meter then I will have to pay the entire month on the Flexi Tarriff. (24p off peak). I calmly told him I would not be paying that for charging my car and so a Complaint has been initiated.

In the meantime they will put my smart meter through a power cycle and try to get the readings. if they can't, an engineer will be visiting and they will charge me based on the Flexi rate, as per the T&Cs under this beta tarrif. That I said isn't not fair as you could call all tarrifs a beta and charge higher when you feel like it, so I said I'd get the Ombudsman involved if this isn't resolved with a rebate. He agreed that is the best option.

So for now, I wait to see if the "triage" on the meter works. If it does, do I get those meter readings? If not, new meter to be installed and a negotation starts on how I get billed.

What a joke of a company.

So I called Octopus again. Told them again that no meter readings. Charlie carefully explained that if they can't get the months (Half hourly) meter readings after they "triage" the smart meter then I will have to pay the entire month on the Flexi Tarriff. (24p off peak). I calmly told him I would not be paying that for charging my car and so a Complaint has been initiated.

In the meantime they will put my smart meter through a power cycle and try to get the readings. if they can't, an engineer will be visiting and they will charge me based on the Flexi rate, as per the T&Cs under this beta tarrif. That I said isn't not fair as you could call all tarrifs a beta and charge higher when you feel like it, so I said I'd get the Ombudsman involved if this isn't resolved with a rebate. He agreed that is the best option.

So for now, I wait to see if the "triage" on the meter works. If it does, do I get those meter readings? If not, new meter to be installed and a negotation starts on how I get billed.

What a joke of a company.
he told bullshit. I had the same issue.
They acquire half an hour slots from other source (DNO maybe? I do not know) and add these missing slot(s) manually.

he told bullshit. I had the same issue.
They acquire half an hour slots from other source (DNO maybe? I do not know) and add these missing slot(s) manually.
That's what I thought but wasn't 100% sure. He said if the meter can't send the readings every half hour then no one receives them. I think there is a problem between DNO and them as they managed to add a few days when I last spoke to them.

I fear they make it up as they go along. Lets see what happens in the next two days.