Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Intelligent octopus stopped working!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This morning I had a 32 A car charge schedule from 05:00 until 08:30, it stopped at 05:30. I noticed at 07:00 and restarted it, it stopped again at 07:14. Bump Charge that and it was continuous until 08:00. So this is all definitely IO doing its best to stop charging by default during the early morning peak demand, even when the target SoC can be reached just in time.

Then there’s the curious question of what happens to billing with Bump Charge in the middle of a Scheduled Charging session. Certainly under 30 minutes has no effect on rate within a settlement period where returning to IO Scheduled Charging. Presumably the widening of a minute out to the half-hour overrides Bump Charging peak rate.

The substation area I reside in already has quite a lot of EVs parked up in detached home driveways and is only increasing.
Might be because there was a saving session at 9am and they didn't want us little tykes taking advantage by loading up our cars and batteries before?

Oddly on previous Saving Sessions I was expecting a halt to charging in the half hour before, but no, they just let the car keep on charging. So I don't think there is any intentional action for this, other than the standard price/carbon/electricity-requests causing the stop. At the time in the 12-hour trailing period I had just 2.38 kWh of scheduled charging too.

Hypervolt have dialled in and done a remote check on the charger and all seems ok their end. I've got the installer popping round next week to swap the RCBO over and see if that sorts it 👍
Will update when I know
I get a similar issue with an EO mini pro 2 charger - sometimes works fine, sometimes trips after 15-20 minutes. It's using a Garo G6EV40PME 40A dedicated CU. I'd be interested if replacing the RCBO makes a difference for you.

Update on this - had the RCBO swapped yesterday, charged last night with no issue... 👍

Update on this - had the RCBO swapped yesterday, charged last night with no issue... 👍
Hope it goes better for you than I.

Podpoint replaced my temperamental RCBO last April and is on the blink again. Tripped again this evening (been doing so randomly for last few weeks) and have dropped the podpoint help team a message again. PITA as if it trips during the night don’t have enough charge in the morning…obviously….

Hope it goes better for you than I.

Podpoint replaced my temperamental RCBO last April and is on the blink again. Tripped again this evening (been doing so randomly for last few weeks) and have dropped the podpoint help team a message again. PITA as if it trips during the night don’t have enough charge in the morning…obviously….
That was my issue - I effectively had to babysit the charge and keep resting the RCBO 😤
I liaised with the installers as the RCBO comes under their remit for warranty etc. Hypervolt dialled in to my system and could see no fault/issues so it suggested it had to be something else. The installers duly tested it then came back after it continued to happen and replaced it - no issues (so far!) since.... Maybe go back to the installers and request they swap it out for you.
Note I've now a new 12 month warranty on the RCBO 😉

That was my issue - I effectively had to babysit the charge and keep resting the RCBO 😤
I liaised with the installers as the RCBO comes under their remit for warranty etc. Hypervolt dialled in to my system and could see no fault/issues so it suggested it had to be something else. The installers duly tested it then came back after it continued to happen and replaced it - no issues (so far!) since.... Maybe go back to the installers and request they swap it out for you.
Note I've now a new 12 month warranty on the RCBO 😉
Have dropped podpoint an email as they installed the entire charging system. Luckily it has a 36 month warranty and is only just over a year old. Exactly the same issues I’ve had with my RCBO - they can be temperamental apparently and know to have been bad batches.

Reactions: AndyWarrington