Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus Energy, including Intelligent and go

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Forgot I hadn't turned my IO off in the app! Teslamate shows the constant waking up very nicely!

1650797150135.png

Can I just ask, was your car at home or away and plugged in or not for this? Just trying to understand what is working / not working with IO right now as I’ll likely end up on this tariff when my current GO deal expires at the end of next month. Cheers
At home, not plugged in. It works fine, if you don't want a circa 1% drain per 12 hours just toggle the smart charging on/off when needed in the app.

Reactions: Kietrax
If i join this tariff with my Tesla M3 and on nights I don’t need it charged could I plug my PHEV in (I have a dumb Rolec charger). Using the cars scheduled charging(like I do now) to charge during 11.30pm to 5.30am, will it charge on the cheaper rate, just like having the dishwasher or other appliance on timer for start from 11.30pm.

Or do I need to join a regular Octopus Go tariff?
Im on Bulb EV tariff joining Octopus Thursday this week and need to contact them then to say what Go tariff I want to move to.

Some feedback from octopus re phantom drain with intelligent octopus

The Intelligent Octopus application polls the vehicle once every hour, which could be the reason for the phantom drain in this case.

It is possible to switch off the smart charging function periodically to work around this in the short term, so hopefully this helps to prevent any further issues.

Some feedback from octopus re phantom drain with intelligent octopus

The Intelligent Octopus application polls the vehicle once every hour, which could be the reason for the phantom drain in this case.

It is possible to switch off the smart charging function periodically to work around this in the short term, so hopefully this helps to prevent any further issues.
I’ve decided to switch the smart charging off every morning and back on every evening just as I’m plugging in. I don’t really like the octopus intelligent app unnecessarily draining energy from the vehicle (which will of course increase the cost of charging, which makes no sense)

Does anyone know how to update the Tesla account password used for Intelligent Octopus? I updated my Tesla account password so assume I need to update this with Octopus somewhere.

Or even better, how I set up a separate account (driver?) and then use this username / password for Intelligent Octopus?

Go to profile, Intelligent Octopus, and the Disconnect vehicle option. Likely need to go through connecting it again after credential change. Either that or the app may prompt for new credentials once it realises authentication is denied. I imagine that will happen ordinarily when the access token expires.

Reactions: reserves