Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Intelsat 35e on the way up...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BrettS

Mar 28, 2017
Orlando, FL
IMG_0005.PNG
I live about 40 miles from Kennedy Space Center and on clear days I can see the rockets on their way up from my front porch. Here’s my view of the latest SpaceX launch.

Nice photo- is it loud at your house?
The photo reminds me a lot of the Apollo 13 movie: looking up at the moon from Cmdr's front yard... way emotive.

I’m far enough away that you really can’t hear much, but that does remind me of kind of a funny story. Shortly after I had moved down to Florida 9 years ago there was a night shuttle launch. I had heard that you could see the launches from where I lived, so my ex (who wasn’t my ex at the time) and I went out to try to look for it. We apparently had gotten a bit turned around and were looking in the wrong direction (and not really seeing anything) and we were about to give up when I heard my ex say, “why is the sky all glowy over there?” I turned around and the shuttle really did light up the clouds and the sky as it took off.

Being able to see them is definitely hit or miss from where I am depending on the cloud cover, but when I can see them, especially at night, it’s pretty amazing.

Reactions: Grendal