Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interested in Group Buy of Roadster Wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a Ariel atom and due to the fact sector 111 is a really small company, there prices will tend to be on the high side. Idk if that pattern is TM or copy written but I'm sure we could find another source to produce the wheel. He is also not fond of teslas at all ! Prior to buying one he highly recommended I didn't. But I have had some custom stuff produced for my builds and could assist if needed ?

I would also get a set as well... So +1

I'm a "probably." I liked it better when the price was $3,500. That was the price in February, (per this thread), when the Yen-Dollar exchange rate was 77 (it is now 78, which is slightly better). So the jump from $3,500 to $4,200 seems a bit unjustified. Also, the Tesla 2.5 wheels cost $3,200. Hence my being a "probably" instead of an "abso-freakin'-lutely!"

Last edited:
I'm a "probably." I liked it better when the price was $3,500. That was the price in February, (per this thread), when the Yen-Dollar exchange rate was 77 (it is now 78, which is slightly better). So the jump from $3,500 to $4,200 seems a bit unjustified. Also, the Tesla 2.5 wheels cost $3,200. Hence my being a "probably" instead of an "abso-freakin'-lutely!"

+1

I would be interested but not at that price, if we find another vendor who can do better pricing I would be in. If we get 20 some interested parties we should be able to get pricing sub $3000. There are several manufactures that make wheels for classic cars and custom race applications and their one off pricing is on par with the $4200 so for a group buy we can do better than the Sector 111 option. The difficult part will be finding a look that everyone agrees on, although if we did a 2 or 3 piece wheel it would be easier to customize the spoke look for individuals. Another complexity are some of us care more about weight while others are more concerned with looks, knowing others preferences would help with the search.

The list of interested parties:

$4000 price point
felixtb
saprolf

$3000 price point
jory
ipdamages
frequencydip (interested in light weight wheels only)
Andrew Wolfe
ChadS (black light weight wheels)

Last edited:
This can be coordinated relatively easily. We'd need a minimum order of 5 sets for "dealer" pricing plus shipping. HRE offers forged 17" and 18" fitments for the Roadster. Each set is custom made to order for your specific application. Delivery is guaranteed in 4-5 weeks. 2 week rush delivery is also available.

The cool part is that each setup includes personalization options at no additional charge. As you may know HRE's come with a lifetime structural warranty. They're also TUV Certified, just like Tesla uses for their OEMs. Kindly let know your thoughts. I think we'd create some awesome looks for the Roadster.

I've included a link below to a gallery of Lotus pics for reference. Roadster fitments are similar.
HRE-open-house-wide-body-lotus-19.jpg

Lotus Gallery