Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interesting - An Ultra-Rare McLaren F1 Offered through Sotheby's Sealed August 18-20, 2022 & comparisons to Tesla roadster with quotes from Musk.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
…..
“As the automotive industry marches towards electrification, the F1 will be seen as a watershed moment in the history of the performance automobile, and an automobile that many designers and engineers have looked to for inspiration ever since its introduction. Elon Musk once tweeted: when my 1st company got bought, I had to decide between buying a house in Palo Alto or a McLaren F1 (best car ever imo). Was no contest. I bought F1 & a small condo that was much cheaper than the car. New Tesla Roadster will exceed all gas sports cars in every way…”. Even though the new Tesla Roadster has yet to enter production, it’s clear that his F1 would have had a profound affect on Musk, and therefore Tesla.”
…..

Cool to see the Tesla Roadster (even if they meant gen2) and McLaren F1 in the same write up for an ultra-high end auction.
One can only hope for our gems future values! Cheers!!!
0E7314D4-4E63-40FF-A7B5-367978892CC4.jpeg3B5E7CEC-2690-4480-9AEC-B9B88CD4B768.jpeg3A623924-8A1A-4311-A5F0-17A0E8D9184E.jpeg2A432A58-E57F-4A36-A58B-5FCADA14EE91.jpeg

Reactions: MCroadster
I have always speculated that when they were developing the P85D that Elon told the engineers to shoot for a 0-60 mph so that it would match what the McLaren F1 could do. It did.
The P85D was introduced at 3.2, but a few months later, a software update increased the top end speed and decreased it to 3.1. This was the original Insane Mode, prior to Ludicrous and now Plaid.
My Plaid and I will be in Monterey, and plan to drool near this. I will make sure my hand does not go up!!!

I have always speculated that when they were developing the P85D that Elon told the engineers to shoot for a 0-60 mph so that it would match what the McLaren F1 could do. It did.
The P85D was introduced at 3.2, but a few months later, a software update increased the top end speed and decreased it to 3.1. This was the original Insane Mode, prior to Ludicrous and now Plaid.
My Plaid and I will be in Monterey, and plan to drool near this. I will make sure my hand does not go up!!!
Love my MS P85DL+ acceleration but it cannot produce the same tesla grind as my roadster.😀😃😄😁😆

Reactions: hcsharp