Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interesting AP glitch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I tried looking for a similar thread but couldn't find anything so I started this one.
The last couple of days I have noticed an interesting glitch when I am driving on AP. If there is a lorry in front of my (usually with 2-3 cars between it and me) and it is dark, AP thinks that the red lights on the back of the lorry which are placed on the top of the trailer are traffic lights! Happens all the time with fuel tankers especially.
It is not happening on M roads, probably because I never get stuck behind a lorry there ;). But I am spending a lot of time on A41 and A49 where overtaking can be quite tricky and I am noticing happening all the time.
Last night was the worst where the car was popping the traffic lights in 500 feet message all the time due to a fuel tanker being 2 cars ahead of me. I didn't notice any phantom breaking because of it.
Any one else that noticed this?

• Informative
Reactions: DenkiJidousha
Try driving behind a trailer that is carrying about a dozen temporary traffic lights :) The car can't believe they are moving so you get a lovely infinite spawn of traffic lights, like a traffic light fountain. Sadly I was alone in the car so no picture :(

• Love
Reactions: NewbieT
Perhaps an option for a future SW release is to switch off the traffic light visualisation. I think you can switch off all visualisations if it bugs you. I find when stopped at lights it often misreads a green or red "man" pedestrian crossing signal as a vehicle traffic signal. Full self driving Elon?....yeah, right, not here anyway.

I was driving on The A1 yesterday evening. Good weather but busy road ahead with many tail / brake lights. Several sudden and unexpected traffic lights. Fortuneately all dissappeared before it was time to start slowing down, but the issue didn't appear to related to one vehicle so much as the number of tiny red lights.

This thread makes me want to go back to Canary Wharf and see what happens...

upload_2020-11-28_15-44-52.png