Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interesting article from Maryland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I visited a buddy in Potomac this week and we played golf at Rattlewood near Frederick. I picked up a copy of the Frederick Gorilla, a free local magazine. I picked it up for another article that caught my eye and didn't notice this one until I got home. TMC member involved with this?

Sparking Lots - Frederick Gorilla

BTW numerous sightings while I was visiting. I honked at a white Model S on Piney Meetinghouse Rd and saw another blue (maybe black) one in Rockville, while my buddy was driving. Saw a Signature leaving the stadium garage at the Nationals-Giants game on Thursday.

Last edited:
It would be nice if more charging stations took the approach of the company in the article. I'd rather not sign up to a partical network of charging stations before I use them. Just like refueling an ICE car I just want to pull up to a station swipe a card and fill up. Only benefit of these established networks that use cards is to get a charge history.

I was out in Potomac/Rockville/Gaithersburg recently and saw a blue/black twice (pretty sure same car) in different areas. Also saw a white in Potomac Village.

Thing is, I had to drive clear across the entire United States, starting from La Jolla (San Diego area, where there are lots of Teslas) before I saw my first Tesla. 2900 miles and then in Maryland, two. I then saw zero on the return drive. So in 5970 total miles I saw two Teslas, and both were in Maryland.

Yeah, there seem to be a concentration of Telsas in the DC area, especially in Bethesda/Potomac//Rockville area. I see at least one almost daily. That is probably why they opened the gallery in Montgomery mall, though there are already 2 other ones (in DC and Tysons corner, VA)

I am also a fan of being able to use a credit card swipe rather than a membership account for charging.

Yeah, there seem to be a concentration of Telsas in the DC area, especially in Bethesda/Potomac//Rockville area. I see at least one almost daily. That is probably why they opened the gallery in Montgomery mall, though there are already 2 other ones (in DC and Tysons corner, VA)

Other than my own black MS, there is another black, red, grey, white, and brown ones that my wife and I see regularly around Bethesda.

I work in Rockville (on Executive Blvd), so my Blue S85 is up here every day. There was a brand new gray P85 w/ temp NJ plates in our lot all day yesterday... not here today though, so unsure if it was an employee or customer...

Damn, and i thought i was buying the only P85 in the DC Metro area. :smile: Looks like I'll be in good company when i get mine next month (waiting is hard, really hard). Has anyone in the area gotten their car treated with a XPEL or Opti-Coat Pro? If so, which company did you use and how was your experience.

At the May Tesla owner's get together at Tyson's Corner Mall, I talked to a Tesla sales rep and he thought there were roughly 500 in the DC area at the time. I regularly see at least one Model S when I'm up there.

Last Friday, I picked up my black Model S from the Rockville SC. It was part of an 18 car delivery to Rockville. Apparently there was a second shipment that got there before I did so there were Model S's parked everywhere around the SC. First pic is of Tesla's waiting for delivery across the street from the second pic which has mostly Model S's there for service/checkup/whatever. There were more around the corner in each direction.

While I was up there, I saw 4 other Model S's not at the SC as I was driving around Rockville/Potomac/Bethesda. I then hit up the HWPC at Tyson's before heading down to Richmond. There was another owners's Model S there too as well as a demo Model S. Plus there was a Toyota RAV4 EV! Unfortunately I was in a rush and didn't get a good look.

TeslaRockvilleSC1.jpg
TeslaRockvilleSC2.jpg

techmaven: I was there a few days before you picking my car up form service, and they were double parked in front of each spot in your second picture! Too bad Honda grabbed the empty lot across the street (see your first pic) to park their cars. I suspect once the NoVA Tesla service Center opens (as Tesla told us at the Drive Change in Virginia event), this will ease the congestion of cars at Rockville.

techmaven: Congrats on the new car! The service center looked similarly crowded when I picked mine up a couple weeks before you, and the staff was talking about working on Sunday to get through the wave of new deliveries. It wouldn't surprise me if they're delivering 10-20 per week from Rockville.

jacobp: I have one of the P85's in the DC area; you definitely won't be alone! :) As for coatings, there are a few threads here on TMC and on teslamotors.com's forums that talk a bit about the options and installers. I've thought about it but haven't done anything yet (schedule has been moderately insane), and now I'm wondering if there's a point at which it's too late.