Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interesting comment from service guy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jboy210

Supporting Member
Dec 2, 2016
Northern California
This morning the water softener guy came by to service the tank. As usually I pulled my model X out of the garage to let him get to the tank.

As I walk back in he starts asking me what I thought about the Cyber Truck. He says it looks strange to him.

Then he mentions his wife ordered one. When I asked why he said, she is tired of drive the F-150 crew cab, paying a lot for gas, and looking like every other soccer mom. Also, she wanted something she did not have to worry about getting scratched in the parking lot. She ordered the dual motor version and was hoping it would come in sooner rather than later.

Love it, or hate it. People are going to buy it. Really don't know what to expect when it comes to any body repair. The numbers are going to work for anyone. Another area of savings is not having to comply with all the diesel scrubbing that is required by law. No DEF systems to worry along with fuel filter exchanges.

.s..is tired of drive the F-150 crew cab, paying a lot for gas, and looking like every other soccer mom. Also, she wanted something she did not have to worry about getting scratched in the parking lot.
No joke, that's almost EXACTLY the same reasons my wife is getting one too! It's replacing her minivan because it's not like any other soccer mom van/grocery getter, its way safer, and extremely durable so no more door dings. (well not OUR doors at least! The door trying to ding ours will get a ding lol)

• Funny
Reactions: MichaelP90DL
No joke, that's almost EXACTLY the same reasons my wife is getting one too! It's replacing her minivan because it's not like any other soccer mom van/grocery getter, its way safer, and extremely durable so no more door dings. (well not OUR doors at least! The door trying to ding ours will get a ding lol)

Door dings, like most gifts, are better to give than receive.

I can't wait to hear what the school pickup line says when your wife rolls up in the cybertruck.