Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interesting conversation I had with Tesla rep about model S pricing going up in April

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went down to confirm my order today and after I was done I was chatting with the manager and he mentioned that it was a good time to buy now since pricing was going up in April of the model S. I had already completed my order and my deposit is now no longer refundable so it wasn't a sales tactic.

I wonder if that means new features or just a general price increase?

I went down to confirm my order today and after I was done I was chatting with the manager and he mentioned that it was a good time to buy now since pricing was going up in April of the model S. I had already completed my order and my deposit is now no longer refundable so it wasn't a sales tactic.

I wonder if that means new features or just a general price increase?
So why didn't you ask him at the time?

That's about the last thing they will do to increase Model S sales.

Realize Model S production is expected to be about 50% higher in 2016. The reason some have not yet bought a Model S is not because it costs too little :tongue:

So why didn't you ask him at the time?

I did, he said he wasn't aware of any refresh or new feature but he'd probably not be in the know on that as they tend to keep it on low down. He just said they told him the price is going up because there hadn't been a price increase in years if at all and that they had improved service capabilities etc.

He may have no idea what he's talking about but it didn't sound like he was talking about the incentives. Sounded like a general price bump.

Likely because the feature set/options from the Model X will be migrating to the MS line? I'd love to get the non-leather/cruelty-free interior, ventilated/cooled seats, auto open/close doors on the MS and I'd posit that it'll happen in April or thereabouts.

This is interesting, I am on the sidelines right now waiting to see what the 3 will be about and if there is a refresh to the S. If there is a refresh and I don't see the value in the bumped price, I can always get a showroom or CPO at a lower price.

Best would probably put down deposit and order around that time.. so if there are new features, hopefully they will either build it into cars that already have been ordered at no extra cost; or if it's something that you really want and will have to pay for, might be possible to add it into your order if the car is not built yet...

Interesting. I sense something is coming. Either features or refresh or both.

I ordered in October and pushed my delivery to late April/May because of rumors I've heard from those within the mothership. This is one more data point. I enter production early April. Will push back further post Model 3 reveal depending on what is announced.

I did, he said he wasn't aware of any refresh or new feature but he'd probably not be in the know on that as they tend to keep it on low down. He just said they told him the price is going up because there hadn't been a price increase in years if at all and that they had improved service capabilities etc.

He may have no idea what he's talking about but it didn't sound like he was talking about the incentives. Sounded like a general price bump.
OK; good to know. I'm surprised he knew that much since they generally tend to keep their employees (at least on the retail end) in the dark.

I can understand a price increase if they haven't had one in years. Everything else (except oil) has been going up!

I was told the same thing yesterday. I was already going back and forth on the price compared to a 750ix. (I know ICE...boo). However, the no gas and autopilot were the two real separators for me. The interior in the S is no where near the BMW in quality or assemblage.

With another price increase, to get a new nose cone, maybe self opening doors (something else to break) the BMW is now significantly less to lease than the 2 offsetting the gas savings. I guess my decision has been made for me.

AP 2 might enough to justify it...otherwise I think I'll have to pass.

yep... March 31 is Model 3 reveal "plus one more thing.." maybe bigger battery plus new feature set and price changes as of April 1. In true Tesla fashion, folks that order now will be wish they waited for the new features and higher prices.