Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interesting Entertainment Problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Not sure if any of you have seen this before. I picked up my new 2021 SR+ in June, all is great and I love this car.

There is one small problem, when I load Netflix or the Web browser it thinks it is based in the Netherlands (I am in the UK). I have been in touch with support, and it seems that when my car was put together the SIM that was installed was provisioned for the Netherlands and I am told that there is nothing they can do.

I would have kicked up more of a fuss, but videos still play and all the functions work.

Just thought I would see if there is anybody else has had this.

Cheers,

Simon

Hmm.. I find it strange (but unfortunately fairly normal) for tesla to say "there is nothing we can do" for something like a sim card. I have no idea where the sim card is specifically (but have seen a thread with people talking about replacing one here at one point), but "your car was provisioned with a sim in the wrong country but there is nothing we can do" sounds silly to even type it.

I would keep after them (politely), because you never really know what the real outcome of that might be. If, for example, your car is using a ton of roaming data, it might get flagged in their systems. I would also be wondering what other systems might be set for the netherlands instead of your location.

Hi All,

Not sure if any of you have seen this before. I picked up my new 2021 SR+ in June, all is great and I love this car.

There is one small problem, when I load Netflix or the Web browser it thinks it is based in the Netherlands (I am in the UK). I have been in touch with support, and it seems that when my car was put together the SIM that was installed was provisioned for the Netherlands and I am told that there is nothing they can do.

I would have kicked up more of a fuss, but videos still play and all the functions work.

Just thought I would see if there is anybody else has had this.

Cheers,

Simon
Every UK car is fitted with a Netherlands sim. It allows the car to roam to any mast across the UK which wouldn’t happen if they were tied to a UK network.

It has been raised with Tesla and I believe it’s something they are considering but it is what it is currently.