TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Interesting Error Warning - Car may not Restart

Discussion in 'Model X' started by vangogh, Mar 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. vangogh

vangogh Member

First time I've seen this error....Driving home from work, got the error and called the SC. They said it was likely nothing but to bring it in when I could so they could investigate. Since I was only 4 blocks away, I swung by and picked up a loaner. I'm glad I did. When they went to start the car, it indeed would not restart and they ended up pushing the car into a parking stall. Hopefully its just the 12v battery. I should know soon...Anyone else have this error? Have a root cause? Thanks

• Informative x 1
  2. Solarman004

Solarman004 Member

Other reports of this on TMC. Most cases were failed high voltage battery contacters.

3. Tam

Tam Active Member

I thought there's a separate 12V battery error message if that's the case.

4. vangogh

vangogh Member

If it is failed high voltage battery contacters...I hope it is an easy repair...and not a several month wait for parts : (

5. Solarman004

Solarman004 Member

Usually a quick repair. Could you please come back here and let us know what they find?

• Like x 2
  6. vangogh

vangogh Member

Got the car back after a week....they had to replace a HV harness and they replaced a noisy air suspension compressor...
    2nd issue I've had with air suspension...I hope this is not a reoccuring issue...

Concern: Customer states: Alert appeared: Car Needs Service/Car May Not Restart,
    Corrections: Vehicle Alerts General Diagnosis
    Verified customer concern to be related to isolation faults found in front high voltage harness. Recommend replacing high voltage harness.
    Corrections: HV Harness - FJB to Front Drive Unit - Replaced high voltage harness to front drive unit per diagnosis.
    Parts Replaced or Added / Part Quantity
    HV HARN, FJB-FDU, MX (1038773-10-E) 1
    Pay Type: Warranty

Concern: Upon inspection Technician noted air suspension compressor making excessive noise. Recommend replacement.
    Corrections: Compressor - Air Suspension Replaced air suspension compressor.
    Parts Replaced or Added / Part Quantity
    AIR SUSP COMPRESSOR (1027911-00-F) 1
    Pay Type: Warranty

• Informative x 3