Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interesting first day with my M3 LR!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IIRC, the app needs to be completely shut down and then restarted to work properly. I had a problem when picking my car up with the app not recognising the car and one of the chaps at West Drayton suggested making sure I closed it down (rather than leave it running in the background) and then restarting it. As soon as I did that it worked OK.

Having looked into a few online resources for “wrong plates”, it does look like you are on the good side of OK in terms of using the car - so maybe I was over-cautious - but even so it should be a case of Tesla sending you out correct plates at their expense tomorrow morning.

Front and rear plates different I have seen before but completely wrong is a first for me.

Having looked into a few online resources for “wrong plates”, it does look like you are on the good side of OK in terms of using the car - so maybe I was over-cautious - but even so it should be a case of Tesla sending you out correct plates at their expense tomorrow morning.

Front and rear plates different I have seen before but completely wrong is a first for me.
Absolutely at their expense and first thing tomorrow! Hopefully they will confirm having spoken with the other affected driver.

Re: Insurance - wrong registration

I collected my first MS from Birmingham in September 2016 and only noticed on my insurance renewal (NFU) in September 2017 that I had not changed the registration to my cherished plate, so I'd been driving around for a year with a plate that didn't match my Insurance documents. Phoned NFU to initiate the necessary change and was reassured by them that all would have been fine in the event of an accident/claim. :rolleyes:

All these negative experiences are doing their best to put me off buying!

Don't let it - forums are notorious for attracting negativity, people rarely share good experiences - Tesla are shifting hundreds of cars every week, the negative experiences represent a very small % of owners' experience. Go ahead and order a car - you will enjoy it, and if you really really don't, just return the car within the 7 days and take your £ to the nearest Germanic auto outlet, but be very sure about that coz as sure as eier ist eier you won't be able to chuck it back at them as easily!

Reactions: M3-Newbie
Don't let it - forums are notorious for attracting negativity, people rarely share good experiences - Tesla are shifting hundreds of cars every week, the negative experiences represent a very small % of owners' experience. Go ahead and order a car - you will enjoy it, and if you really really don't, just return the car within the 7 days and take your £ to the nearest Germanic auto outlet, but be very sure about that coz as sure as eier ist eier you won't be able to chuck it back at them as easily!

I completely agree. Are they perfect, sometimes yes, but not always. Are any other manufacturers perfect, certainly not! You get bad experiences with all and great experiences with all, it's just luck of the draw.
But will you enjoy driving your M3 LR or similar more than your previous Skoda Superb - well I do :) It is an amazing bit of kit, but I accept the few foibles I have had and just got Tesla to fix them, which they have.