Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interesting night at the Supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Beyond locals, LA has a lot of tourist traffic (including many of us from the Bay Area) and as Kipernicus noted above, many of us would instinctively end up heading back to Hawthorne to top up after a day of driving around in the vast LA area.

It's that much harder to find *available* local L2 chargers near where we may be visiting. When I was down in Anaheim during the Christmas holidays, wanted to use a few L2 chargers a few miles away to get enough juice for the next day's escapades but, despite two trips to those chargers, couldn't find any available ones.

Had no option but to head back to Hawthorne twice after the initial visit. Given that, I don't think Oxnard, SJC or Indio are going to help in those scenarios. More local SCs would be needed in areas such as LA. We tourists are not locals but, may just not have destination charging options to rely on.

Maybe Tesla has been reading this discussion, or maybe they just looked at their own usage data (which lists the Hawthorne SC in the top two every single day) and installed two more stalls!

Tesla Supercharger network - Page 462

Thanks Tesla!

Is the Supercharger "usage data" publically available? I have a trip down the coast planned for the summer and it would interesting to see what ones are the most heavily used.