Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interesting Observation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anxiously awaiting delivery of my new P85 (next Friday) - the Tesla store gave me a loaner for the day this past weekend - it was a P85 with less than 400 miles on it!! The "interesting observation" was that it had the "matte obeche wood" on the dash, but it had the "lacewood" in the yacht floor!! I guess someone screwd up and wasn't paying attention......

is this common? Seems hardly fair unless the OP delivery date slipped back due to some mess-up on the part of Tesla....

Actually, I thought the overnight loaner was a "standard" Tesla practice - when I finalized the car, the store mentioned to me that I could take a car overnight - just that I had to make arrangements ahead of time to ensure one was available. It was a great experience, as I got very familar with a lot of the systems of the car - so when I get my actual car, I have a shorter learning curve!!

Does this mean there's no shortage of loaners at the service centers now? Wouldn't seem right if buyers awaiting delivery got a loaner for fun while some owners in for service get an Enterprise ICE rental due to a shortage of loaners.

Does this mean there's no shortage of loaners at the service centers now? Wouldn't seem right if buyers awaiting delivery got a loaner for fun while some owners in for service get an Enterprise ICE rental due to a shortage of loaners.

It probably varies from service center to service center, depending on the day. I'm sure they can't always predict the need for a loaner & equally sure that this one was given out because they had no owner with a car in service needing a loaner.

Actually, I thought the overnight loaner was a "standard" Tesla practice - when I finalized the car, the store mentioned to me that I could take a car overnight - just that I had to make arrangements ahead of time to ensure one was available. It was a great experience, as I got very familar with a lot of the systems of the car - so when I get my actual car, I have a shorter learning curve!!

Short Hills store/gallery? I got a similar overnight loaner somewhere around the time I confirmed - definitely after the deposit and before delivery. Way cool way to start getting used to it (and start proselytizing... <grin />).