TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Interesting Observation

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by tennisman, May 12, 2014.

1. tennisman

tennisman Member

Anxiously awaiting delivery of my new P85 (next Friday) - the Tesla store gave me a loaner for the day this past weekend - it was a P85 with less than 400 miles on it!! The "interesting observation" was that it had the "matte obeche wood" on the dash, but it had the "lacewood" in the yacht floor!! I guess someone screwd up and wasn't paying attention......

2. cgiGuy

cgiGuy Member

Loaners to combat "delivery anxiety"? Wow.. Tesla is definitely in a league of their own with customer service.

3. Newscutter

Newscutter Member

Amen. Sign me up for that program!! Hoping to enter production any day now.

4. Galve2000

Galve2000 Member

is this common? Seems hardly fair unless the OP delivery date slipped back due to some mess-up on the part of Tesla....

5. tennisman

tennisman Member

Actually, I thought the overnight loaner was a "standard" Tesla practice - when I finalized the car, the store mentioned to me that I could take a car overnight - just that I had to make arrangements ahead of time to ensure one was available. It was a great experience, as I got very familar with a lot of the systems of the car - so when I get my actual car, I have a shorter learning curve!!

6. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

Does this mean there's no shortage of loaners at the service centers now? Wouldn't seem right if buyers awaiting delivery got a loaner for fun while some owners in for service get an Enterprise ICE rental due to a shortage of loaners.

7. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

It probably varies from service center to service center, depending on the day. I'm sure they can't always predict the need for a loaner & equally sure that this one was given out because they had no owner with a car in service needing a loaner.

8. tennisman

tennisman Member

This was actually not a loaner from the service center - this was a car from the Tesla "store" - (ones that are used for demo's for prospective buyers)

9. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

Ahem. Considering that you have your own "NZCTR" driver profile in OUTAGAS, I would say that you have been provided with a very similar service, though perhaps not from Tesla Motors directly!

10. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

In your FACE! Haha, that's awesome. JakeP, you're a good friend!

11. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

Heheh...he promises to return the favor and give me some time behind the wheel of his Grey coil baby once she arrives (and he has sufficiently broken her in, of course).

12. Newscutter

Newscutter Member

Ha!

Yes-- you've been good to me, for sure!

Still, the more the merrier, right? Who couldn't use an "extra Tesla"?
    Let the record so note, there will be a JakeP profile on my grey. On delivery day even, time permitting, and after your help with final inspection.

I look forward to chasing my own car so I can see it in action. :tongue:

13. CliffG

CliffG Member

Short Hills store/gallery? I got a similar overnight loaner somewhere around the time I confirmed - definitely after the deposit and before delivery. Way cool way to start getting used to it (and start proselytizing... <grin />).

14. Ssssly

Ssssly Member

Can anyone confirm this practice has happened in LA?

I'm ~ 2 weeks from order/confirmation.

15. tennisman

tennisman Member

Yes - great store and really nice group of people. The Springfield NJ service center also has a great group as we'll!!

16. Apoclyps

Apoclyps Member

very much doubt you will be able to do so in any california service center.

17. tslas

tslas Member

Yes, I also got a car for 24 hours after placing deposit but before delivery. Ditto about Shorthills people and store..
    Don't have any experience with Springfield, though I do have an appointment on May 31st