Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interesting Software Bug

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ICUDoc

May 19, 2015
Sydney NSW
When I push the "Push-to-talk" button (top right on the steering wheel of my Model S): nothing happens.
When I honk the horn: the car internal speaker beeps and a little sign comes up encouraging me o give a verbal command.
I have done a re-boot (two scroll wheels): no effect.
The top-right button does answer the phone and hang up the phone, so it is still connected somehow,..
Any ideas or experiences to share?
PS horn also sounds when I push on the steering wheel centre (as designed).

When I push the "Push-to-talk" button (top right on the steering wheel of my Model S): nothing happens.
When I honk the horn: the car internal speaker beeps and a little sign comes up encouraging me o give a verbal command.
I have done a re-boot (two scroll wheels): no effect.
The top-right button does answer the phone and hang up the phone, so it is still connected somehow,..
Any ideas or experiences to share?
PS horn also sounds when I push on the steering wheel centre (as designed).
Which version of software are you on?

I had a similar issue on my Model S where the horn button was also activating the "Push to Talk" (PTT) button as well.
The PTT button always worked when I pressed it separately in my case.
I think in my case the proximity between the Horn and the PTT button was causing this but it has resolved itself recently.
I would get service to look at it, I think your case bay be conflict between the Horn an PTT button.
Apply light pressure to the horn pad to move it away from the PTT button and see if it works then.

Reactions: ICUDoc
I had a similar issue on my Model S where the horn button was also activating the "Push to Talk" (PTT) button as well.
The PTT button always worked when I pressed it separately in my case.
I think in my case the proximity between the Horn and the PTT button was causing this but it has resolved itself recently.
I would get service to look at it, I think your case bay be conflict between the Horn an PTT button.
Apply light pressure to the horn pad to move it away from the PTT button and see if it works then.
Thanks, meloccom- I'll give that a try...