TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Interesting Timeline for the Gigafactory

Discussion in 'Tesla Energy' started by CTemp222, Jan 17, 2016.

1. CTemp222

CTemp222 Member

2. electracity

electracity Active Member

I think you can tie the lack of employees back to the Panasonic comment of "waiting for demand". Powerwalls can't be installed without third party inverters. Solaredge just announced their powerwall compatible inverter, but it unclear what functionality is set for release.

The easiest way to tell if the gigafactory is ramping up would be periodic drone photos of the parking lot during the week. A gigafactory needs gigaworkers.

But I'm not sure, with a large powerwall backorder, why Tesla is not building many powerwalls ahead of compatible inverters being finished. I'm also not sure why building construction would stop if the full gigafactory is scheduled to be finished by 2020.

3. CTemp222

CTemp222 Member

Maybe their still working on getting a lithium supplier? I mean they cant start making batteries without a supplier of lithium.

4. JamesTm

JamesTm New Member

Latest relevant data from that article is from september 30, aprox 3 months and 19 days old.
    Better folow the gigafactory thread for latest info: Tesla Gigafactory

5. VolkerP

VolkerP EU Model S P-37

Unsold inventory is bad for quarter results. But I bet they could sell all the 100kWh powerpacks they could make.

6. techmaven

techmaven Active Member

Gigafactory needs an inside in order to install equipment. The certificate of occupancy was granted at the beginning of October. How exactly was there supposed to be equipment installed onsite in large amounts before October?