Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interface Speed - 2014 vs 2016 Model S - Any faster?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

simplesolid

Model S 60 AP2 Glass Roof
Nov 12, 2016
Florida
I rented a 2014 Model S to make sure that I would like the car before I placed my order for my 2016 model S, however I am wondering if the hardware for the interface has improved between the 2014 and 2016 as I noticed that things are bit slow like screen takes a bit of time to refresh and things.

I guess that I am hoping for a faster processor for the entertainment system on the cars being built now, is that the case?

Doesn't AP 1.0 use the console processor? If so, cars equipped with AP 2.0 may appear to be faster when AP is enabled.

The Tegra processor should be fast enough to support the console operations, with the slowest performance appearing to be with the browser, which is so slow, it's really not very usable - and that problem appears to be with the software implementation and not with the speed of the Tegra or the network link speed.

They were logging so much they were burning a hole in the flash chips. It actually murdered some MCUs. But recently they've greatly reduced logging.

And the AP 2 cars have a supercomputer, so there should be no display lag.