Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior Alcantara colour code

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Collected my model 3 a few weeks ago and bar a few of the usual paint and trim issues (almost all now fixed) I’m loving the car.

Really like the interior but feel it would be incredible with a matching grey Alcantara headliner.
I have one in my 911 and it really makes the interior feel special.

I notice unplugged performance offer it but it’s $2k and US only.
Tesla Model 3 Alcantara Headliner Upgrade Kit for Tesla Model 3 - Unplugged Performance

With most the roof being glass and the headliner being in multiple sections I don’t think it would be tough to get re-trimmed and Alcantara is usually £60-80 per linear meter

The only issue stopping me is that I cant find a colour match. Have tried 9002, 9052 and 9040 but none seem to match and that seems to be the extent of the greys available.
Supplier I tried was Exclusive: UK Alcantara Supplier

Long shot but does anyone know what the colour code is or alternatively found anywhere that sells matching Alcantara by meter?

Maybe have a chat with @DAJ Automotive?

I bought the Alcantara Dash and Console side trims from him recently and the Alcantara is a perfect match.

His site also mentions engineering, prototyping and part manufacturing services so might be something he could offer as a service?

SERVICES

Depending on price, I'd be interested in doing this upgrade too.

DAJ are now doing said trim pieces in Alcantara.

Screenshot_20201006-214927_Instagram.jpg

Thanks all. Super helpful. :)

Great to see DAJ now offer it.
I'll be giving it a go myself... Have done similar before, and the M3 is much simpler. Only thing I wont be able to do is the sun visors, where I'll probably send to DesignLS who are local to me and do some brilliant work.

Have ordered a load more samples, this time including Dynamica so hopefully will find a match..

Can I ask where you bought this? and how much? even if in the UK. Thank you

Dinamica - 8630 Warm Charcoal - UK Hide

£59.95 + VAT per linear meter (roll is 1.5m wide)

I ordered 3 meters which was a little more than needed to cover the head lining, a,b,c pillars and sun visors.

I'm just in the process of spraying plastic parts after finding a good paint colour match. And should have sun visors back next week from the trimmer.

Will post a How to, and before/after once its all done.

Reactions: ajp558
Thought I'd add to the thread now its all been completed.

I managed to remove / re-trim almost all of the interior, aside from the headlining, which needed cutting and stitching due to the shape, and also the sun visors. I took these to a local car upholstery shop Car upholstery leatherwork & custom leather services who've previously done a load of work for me on my 911.

I'm really pleased with the finished article, especially with the matching dark grey speaker grills and light modules which I sprayed to match, which I think finish it off perfectly.
(I've purposely left the hooks/hinges and a few other bits in the original cream as they'll all receive higher wear and I'm not sure the paint finish would be robust enough to stay looking good.

Few pictures to show what it's like, it's completely OEM feel and in my opinion should be how it left the factory.

IMG_6482.JPG
IMG_6479.JPG
IMG_6478.JPG

Hi,

If anyone is interested, I'm trading in my model 3 soon, so am selling on a 'swap' basis.
My re-trimmed head lining, sun visors etc, in exchange for yours + £.

Its a fairly easy / quick swap and can be done in 1.5 - 2hrs easily.

If interested, PM me, or likewise, I've posted details in the For Sale section.