Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior Cabin Temperature Sensor (2022 Model S Plaid)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I've got cabin overheat protection activated and received a notification today. It's about 72F outside and the app is reporting that the cabin is 102F...I'm thinking something is wrong with the cabin temperature sensor...Has anybody else experienced this? Does anybody know where the sensor is located? There is some sun outside and the cabin was a little warm but in no way was it 102F...

Thanks in advance!

I am new to Tesla. Does the car turn on the AC to cool itself when this occurs? so the cabin never exceeds a certain temperature? Is this to protect the electronics? or can it be disabled as to not drain the battery all summer long. Just curious for anyone that is able to add some context. Thanks.

Upvote 0
I am new to Tesla. Does the car turn on the AC to cool itself when this occurs? so the cabin never exceeds a certain temperature? Is this to protect the electronics? or can it be disabled as to not drain the battery all summer long. Just curious for anyone that is able to add some context. Thanks.
Yes it will do just that. You can set it to use the A/C, just the fan with no A/C or off. I imagine it is for both comfort and to keep the electronics at a comfortable temp.

Reactions: EightYears
Upvote 0
It's primarily for personal comfort when returning to your car. Cabin Overheat Protection is only active for 12 hours after using the car, so its intent isn't to protect the electronics. It also serves the secondary safety function of protecting a child or animal that you forget is in the car, but of course should not be relied upon for that purpose. It will either run fan or fan and a/c (depending on which setting you select) to keep the cabin below 105F.

Upvote 0