Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior Camera in Model 3 Rear View Mirror

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
possibly monitoring the drivers head position and gaze to assure attentiveness when using autopilot?

When I first started contemplating FSD and the Tesla network and what that would mean, the first thing I thought is that you would want to monitor the cabin to make sure no one was vandalizing the car or having sex in the car. Or generally to know who to go to if there was an issue and to keep them honest. It could have a duo purpose of course, but I do know that I would want that feature if I where to put my car into the network.

When I first started contemplating FSD and the Tesla network and what that would mean, the first thing I thought is that you would want to monitor the cabin to make sure no one was vandalizing the car or having sex in the car. Or generally to know who to go to if there was an issue and to keep them honest. It could have a duo purpose of course, but I do know that I would want that feature if I where to put my car into the network.

This is my vote.

Oh, better get my tinfoil hat readjusted. I know Elon wants to spy on me. :p

FDM53PMI9SN0BDV.MEDIUM.jpg

hmmmmm. Who trusts this quote from the article?

"Of course, there’s also a downside. Some might be concerned about privacy. It’s something that the MIT research addressed. The collected data was kept on secure servers and the people could never have to actually watch the footage. It could simply generate logs based on computer vision."

Practical applications:

"Sarah? Are you SURE that eyeliner is right for you?"

"Bob, you've selected Club Paradise for your destination. Uh... dunno how to tell you this, but you'd be better off picking up girls at Walmart..."

"Holmes? There are about 20 cops between you and your destination. Let me re-route you so you don't get pulled over for no reason."

"You've got something stuck in your teeth."

"Stop! You wore that same dress last time you visited the Thompsons. Go change, and I'll call them saying you're having car trouble, which isn't ACTUALLY a lie."

hmmmmm. Who trusts this quote from the article?

"Of course, there’s also a downside. Some might be concerned about privacy. It’s something that the MIT research addressed. The collected data was kept on secure servers and the people could never have to actually watch the footage. It could simply generate logs based on computer vision."

I find it ironic that they say that, right next to a thumbnail showing their ability to watch and annotate the face tracking footage.