Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior Cleaning Product needed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a late production 2018 Red P100D with black interior. I get occasional spots and small stains on the center console and door cards. I have been using damp microfiber towels (no product just warm water) to clean my interior. However, over time I find the black imitation leather (leatherette) Looking a little more grayish in color. I need to product to bring back the factory black color but do not want a shiny end product such as you would get from a “armor all” protectant. Any help would be appreciated.

I have a late production 2018 Red P100D with black interior. I get occasional spots and small stains on the center console and door cards. I have been using damp microfiber towels (no product just warm water) to clean my interior. However, over time I find the black imitation leather (leatherette) Looking a little more grayish in color. I need to product to bring back the factory black color but do not want a shiny end product such as you would get from a “armor all” protectant. Any help would be appreciated.
ONR is a fantastic interior cleaner for lighter dusting type jobs, but from what you're describing, Opti-coat's Fabric Clean & Protect is what you need (it says "fabric" but it works on all interior surfaces including plastics and your Tesla seats.

303 is good (used to use it), but 1Z Cockpit Premium has been my mainstay for years now.

I also really like 303. I wanted a natural looking matte finish and got what I was looking for with 303. The 303 UV Protectant is a nice complement to the cleaner, but I found the UV Protectant also does a good job cleaning and conditioning - it’s my go-to for interior products.

Reactions: Doanster1
Hey all I have a new 2020 Model S Performance with a black interior. I too am looking for a product to clean the seats, console and door window sills. Never used 303 before but I found this link 303 Leather Cleaner and Conditioner - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0185PU34O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_WAoqEbJ9BVXN3

Is this the stuff? Any other proven products that won’t discolor our seats and offer a bit of protection?
You might look at my comment about 3 posts above.

Ive always had great success with using a bucket of warm water and about 3-4 capfuls of woolite. Just enough to create a mild suds solution. Clean with damp (not soaking) microfiber. Then wipe down/rinse with a separate microfiber damp with clean water.

If really dirty (think steering wheel that hasnt been cleaned in months and has gotten shiny), I subsitute woolite with Dawn dishwashing liquid.

Both of above are mild/safe, yet effective..and cheap. Chance of causing harm near zero