Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior cleaning wipes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What, if anything, does everyone carry around in their car to clean things like the seats, dash, armrest, etc.? I often have my dog in the car with me and he drools quite a bit. I can't always get to it to clean it up before it dries so I'd like to have some sort of wipes in the car for these, and other, occasions.

Thanks

I use these. They say they're for leather but they work on fake leather just fine.
Cool. Do they work well on other parts of the car as well? Like the center console and dashboard.

Thankfully my wife doesn't drool too much, but I carry a large towel with me in case I happen to spill a drink or the container sweats.
I've got a couple of towels too but they aren't always the best for newfy slobber.

Cool. Do they work well on other parts of the car as well? Like the center console and dashboard.

My 3 is an early 2018 build and the dash is a material that scratches very easily, so I'm extremely cautious about wiping it. For the dash I use a thick microfiber cloth that's been sprayed with Meguiar's interior detailing spray. This spray, incidentally, is also great for all of the other interior surfaces, but since you asked specifically about wipes, I responded with the wipes I keep around.

• Informative
Reactions: dsvick
Do what they did back in the day...

iu

What, if anything, does everyone carry around in their car to clean things like the seats, dash, armrest, etc.? I often have my dog in the car with me and he drools quite a bit. I can't always get to it to clean it up before it dries so I'd like to have some sort of wipes in the car for these, and other, occasions.

Thanks
There was some dude on YouTube trying to get the word out on using degreaser on the seats. Worked like magic.

The only issue is that I've read a lot of accounts of people saying a degreaser is a very harsh cleaner. Though maybe it is safe diluted.

There was some dude on YouTube trying to get the word out on using degreaser on the seats. Worked like magic.

The only issue is that I've read a lot of accounts of people saying a degreaser is a very harsh cleaner. Though maybe it is safe diluted.

The only thing that works for me to remove sunblock from the vinyl seats is degreaser diluted 10:1 with distilled water. Not an everyday solution but works better than anything else I've tried for sunblock. Use the weakest solution that will do the job. In proper order: wet wipes, interior cleaner, IPA, degreaser.

I've heard that the earlier dashes, like mine, are more easily scratched. I think they changed them in later builds, but I've not heard anything concrete on the matter. Perhaps someone with a later build can chime in.

I think the new dashes are more durable. I have 9/19 build. I've wiped it pretty hard with a microfiber and no marks.

Would say the material is like the soft touch plastic on the door, taken down a step....

Not sure if this is new, but the cup holders have a plastic liner now. (All door pockets have a plastic liner that is removable.The storage space where the 2 usb slots are also has a plastic liner that is removable.) The center console has a little tray for added organization and storage.