Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior Cleaning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What does everyone here use for cleaning their interiors? Got the 2nd gen leather seats and the piano black accenting (although I don't think that makes a difference).

Slowly starting to see some dust build up and wanted to see what everyone else uses to keep the insides looking fresh.

Hi, I got some suggestions from this site about what to touch up the interior with.

1. http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000AMLWH8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage (Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer)
2. http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002V9IFU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage (
Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner & Conditioner)

I use the first just about anytime I see the need for a touch-up the second I use every couple of months to condition the leather seats.

I have been very pleased with both products, but as with any cleaning fluid you want to make sure it will not stain by testing on an unobtrusive area of the surface to be cleaned.

Peace,
Father Bill

OP, I maintain my list of products and methods over on my personal website here if it's of any help. (Not pushing anything for sale over there... I just put it all down years ago after friends kept asking what I was using and doing to keep up my rides, and decided to just maintain it online vs keep writing it down over and over... well before there were social media alternatives.)

I've used Meguiar's in the past, but always preferred to get the separate bottles of cleaner and conditioner, rather than the combined product. Now, Amazon's prices have gone really high for the conditioner, where the combined product is a lot cheaper. I'm debating switching to the dual product since I'm all out right now, or going with a different brand.

I could buy the Lexol now for the same price as the Meguiar's due to the increased price now on Amazon. Is the Lexol better?

What about Weiman brand cleaner/conditioner? It's super cheap at Walmart, but I've never had an experience with it. Has anyone used the Weiman leather cleaner/conditioner dual product?