TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Interior color with textile headliner

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by GlmnAlyAirCar, Apr 14, 2015.

1. GlmnAlyAirCar

GlmnAlyAirCar Member

I placed my order last night for a 70D with black paint. I've opted for the next-gen seats inside, along with black interior. Of course, I'm still debating a switch to grey or tan interior. All look good, and I'm sure I would be happy with any of them. In design studio, the tan interior with the textile headliner seems to clash, but seeing it in an actual interior it looks great. Does anyone have any suggestions on interior colors? Black too hot? Tan gets dirty? I was only able to see the grey interior from the outside so I really haven't had a chance to sit in it and check it out closely.

Thanks!

2. Beryl

Beryl Member

I decided on black on black for one reason -- I don't want it to appear dirty since I plan to keep the car for 10+ years. I have dogs and it rains a lot in Texas.

3. smsprague

smsprague Member

My Tan driver's seat got noticeably stained in 6 months.

4. GlmnAlyAirCar

GlmnAlyAirCar Member

Thanks for the replies. I have had tan interiors in the past. They tend to get dirty but I always liked the look. However, I was sitting in a 70D with a black interior and thought it looked great. I'm curious to see what people have to say about the grey.

5. iadbound

iadbound Member

I had tan in my first Model S and switched to the black interior for the second Model S. I was struggling with keeping the tan seats looking clean. I have the full black interior: black seats, black Alcantara headliner, and piano black trim. So far I really like it. That said the two tone of the tan interior did provide a nice contrast.

As for grey, I can't help there, sorry.

6. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

I don't have a MS yet, but my Toyota 4Runner has gray leather seats and after 9 years, they still new just as new, save one scratch from a pen in a friend's pocket. That said, I don't have kids and didn't have a dog until 5 years ago and he normally sits in the other car.

7. AMP85D

AMP85D Member

Grey seats will clash with the textile headliner. Grey with black headliner looks great.

Tan or black seats will look nice with textile headliner, just depending on your preference. I used to prefer tan interior, but now I prefer the low maintenance of black interior.

8. GlmnAlyAirCar

GlmnAlyAirCar Member

I was curious about the grey with textile headliner. It looks good on design studio but that doesn't count for much. The tan looked pretty lousy in design studio but looks great in person.

9. Shortmanz

Shortmanz Member

I have a blue Model S with gray interior and the textile headliner. The gray leather is actually very light and looks great with the headliner. I originally wanted the tan interior, but am extremely happy with the blue and gray combination.

10. mwulff

mwulff Member

The Best looking combination I have seen is the grey leather with the black headliner. Gray and textile clash like Titans. Alcantara + grey = ok. Black alcantara and + grey = awesome.

11. GlmnAlyAirCar

GlmnAlyAirCar Member

Agree. I went to the dealership on Friday and took a look at the grey with textile headliner and it made my decision easy -- I'm going for the black interior.