Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior Colors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I liked this video because it showed the Radiant Red a great deal. It was also useful in that I am sure I do NOT want that interior color.

I am leaning towards black and dark red with rally 1. Headrest as black.

I uploaded a sample picture of the interior colors that I am considering. What do you think? Any other ideas I should checkout to go with Radiant Red.

Tesla Roadster Peak Oil Garage

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll note that after I got the sample kit in the mail, I changed my mind about my interior colors. I "lived" with some of the swatches for a day or so - sunlight, shade, in the garage (what, me picky about color?). I had originally been thinking saddle with tan, ended up black with saddle. I thought about the red instead of the saddle, but it was just a little bit too much red for me - I still think it would look good, though.

I'm starting to like the idea of two-tone gray with the Radient Red. I'm just undecided on whether to go with dark gray as the predominant color or light gray. Both are represented in the sample color combo gallery on the Owners site, and both look good. I just haven't seen it yet paired with Radiant Red.

I have seen an interior with these colors before. I think it was in an Electric Blue roadster. It looked very good!
The car you're thinking about is likely VP22. Blue and gray typically go together well. Red and gray are not as natural.

James, I take it your car will be Radiant Red. j-g's car is red with black and gray seats, which I think looks alright. But I think the red leather actually goes well with Radiant Red.
See here and here.

James, I take it your car will be Radiant Red. j-g's car is red with black and gray seats, which I think looks alright. But I think the red leather actually goes well with Radiant Red.
See here and here.

I think so also.
Yes, I am definitely going with Radiant Red on the exterior.
But I think the headrest as red is too much. I prefer that black with this combo.

My other thought is perhaps black with dark grey, Rally 1, with headrest in the black color.

The saddle color doesn't seem to work (for me) with Radiant Red.

The car you're thinking about is likely VP22. Blue and gray typically go together well. Red and gray are not as natural.

I agree with this. And that's my hesitation with the two-tone gray with Radiant Red. I may consider Twilight Blue exterior instead for this reason, to go with the two-tone gray interior.

The saddle color doesn't seem to work (for me) with Radiant Red.

No, definitely not. Saddle would be a poor choice.

So for all us Radiant Reds, what are the good options for interior?

Black
Black/Red
Black/DkGray
Beige
Beige/Black

What else is a good option?

Something else to consider. The Tesla folk pointed out to me as I went from car to car trying this interior, with that interior... At the end of the day, most of the interior will be covered by the occupants, and will remain unseen. So certainly look and try different combinations, but do not belabor the issue! (as I did...)

So for all us Radiant Reds, what are the good options for interior?

Black
Black/Red
Black/DkGray
Beige
Beige/Black

What else is a good option?

I think you nailed it. The only colors that seem to match with Radiant Red are some combo of Black, Red, Beige and Dark Grey.

The beige works from a color matching POV, but to me it seems too much like a Ferrari to have a beige interior. That is why I am eliminating that color from my list of choices.

So I am trying to find the best combo of the other three interior colors.

Last edited:
I think the microfiber is also a nice and practical choice. Don't get as hot in the sun or cold in the winter. Also keeps you from sliding around too much in the twisties. :wink:

Has anyone seriously considered traditional two tone?

attachment.php?attachmentid=106&d=1230092360.gif

Attachments

• red-black traditional.jpg
    red-black traditional.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 126
Sadly, those of us who are not owners cannot follow that link. :redface:
Could you repost here?

There are a ton of real car pics. Probably two or three different interior color combos for every exterior color. Too many pictures to copy them all.

The way they have the pictures posted, it is not a quick copy paste. It is a screen shot process with a lot of cropping. I will do a few and post them.

I created a gallery on my website of the various Radiant Red Tesla Roadsters color combos that have been delivered to real customers.

Tesla Roadster Peak Oil Garage

As I expected, the light grey and saddle don't seem to work with Radiant Red.
I really like the Black and Red, with the headrest in the black color. In fact, this one might be my exact choice with the Rally 1 side color.

radiant_red_black_and_red_interior_black_headrest.jpg

tesla_interior_black_red_rally_1.jpg

Last edited: