Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior Colors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think VP11 has microfibre...

That is correct. VP11 is the Thunder Grey Roadster that was in Seattle in September of 2008. It had over 22,000 miles on it at the time I drove it.

The microfiber does not hold up well to wear and tear. Of course, this particular Roadster was really just abused by all of the 0-60 driving and probably over 1,000 people who have taken it for a test drive.

I would think that it does.... that is only about twice a day....I always get leather and it always holds up really well. I do have micro fibre furniture in my theatre and I have not had it long enough to say how it is holding up ... so far so good. I imagine that demo cars get ALOT more abuse than an individually owned car would though ....

Does 1000 riders equate to a single owner getting into the car the same amount of times for the same 22K miles?

"same amount of times" is what really matters, not the mileage.
I don't think a single owner would be likely to get in and out anywhere near as much. That car was used for frequent short test drives, with lots of people learning how to get in and out over the sill.

What was wrong with the microfibre anyways? Did it have tears or rips in it? Perhaps it just needed to be cleaned?

TEG,

I agree all I did was translate 22,000 miles into about 2 years usage and look at the number 1000 over that time period. Only a few times a day. Actually it would probably be more for an individual owner than that but I imagine that an owner would be more careful and concerned about getting in with say a pencil in his/her pocket or something.

While dealing with the trafiic planning commission and the city council a couple of years ago, they (the commission) indicated that eight trips per day, per household was their benchmark for traffic flow estimation. That is for this area (Carlsbad, CA). I am sure that varies from city to city and they did do a traffic survey to back that up. If you are a multiple car household, not all of the those trips would be in the roadster. Its pure guess work as to how many times you might enter and exit the car on a single trip.

Personally, I thought 8 was a large number, but its hard to argue with City Hall.

8 does sound a bit high, but I assume they're counting every little trip between exits/entries in a day?

Yesterday I went out to buy a notebook, parked, had to move the car, left, went to another store, left, dropped something off at the post office, stopped at the gas station and then drove home. All in all for a pretty mundane day, 12 entries/exits from the car. Ouch.

I am looking for some advice on color choice here. I have narrowed down my exterior color choice to Radiant Red or Electric Blue.

If I go with Radiant Red, I will do red/black two tone premium leather.
If I go with Electric Blue, I will do saddle/black two tone premium leather.

I am also planning on doing the black tesla wheels, so that comes into play also. I was told by Tesla Motors that we will have real pictures of the black wheels by next month.

Here are the images. Which do you like better?

electricblue_interior_blackandsaddle.jpg

electricblue_interior_blackandsaddle2.jpg

radiant_red_black_and_red_interior_black_headrest.jpg

radiantred_interior_blackandred.jpg

Personally, I love the Radiant Red color. It would be very difficult to go wrong with that. The Electric Blue is great too, but for me, I like the Red better.

I think the black wheels will look good with Red. Not sure about the Blue though, I think the Silver would be better with Blue.

I think the Saddle/Black looks good with the blue.

The Red/Black *should* look good with the Red - but I recommend looking at it in person if you can find it. The Red Leather is not an exact color match of the Red exterior, which you might not like.

I like both of those interior color selections with those exterior colors.

The red is more "classic sports car", but the blue seems more elegant somehow.

If you want more envy and kudos probably the red. For the blue more subdued respect and appreciation. High five vs secret handshake. Classic vs classy.

By the way, I assume you noticed that the headrest was still black on the red example, but the blue one has the saddle headrest.

Would you want non-black headrest for either choice?

I like both of those interior color selections with those exterior colors.

The red is more "classic sports car", but the blue seems more elegant somehow.

If you want more envy and kudos probably the red. For the blue more subdued respect and appreciation. High five vs secret handshake. Classic vs classy.

That is a good way to describe the difference between the two colors. I am not sure which one I want more.

By the way, I assume you noticed that the headrest was still black on the red example, but the blue one has the saddle headrest.

Would you want non-black headrest for either choice?

I did that intentionally. With the Red, I don't like the red headrest. I prefer it black with that color scheme.

But with electric blue, it just seems right to have the headrest also be the saddle color.

I don't really care for the Saddle/ Black combo with the blue car. Actually it is the Saddle part that I am not enthusiatic about. Kinda too many colors going on thing for me and too bold of a change. Just my opinion. I thing the Blue with Black wheels and black seats would be a nice combo.

I don't really care for the Saddle/ Black combo with the blue car. Actually it is the Saddle part that I am not enthusiatic about. Kinda too many colors going on thing for me and too bold of a change. Just my opinion. I thing the Blue with Black wheels and black seats would be a nice combo.

I really like premium two-tone, rally 1 or rally 2, black/light gray, black (or light gray) head restraint with and Electric Blue Tesla.

I like the black and light gray combo because it really makes the aluminum color interior pieces stand out...take a look in the interior color options page.

Just hearing the Black/Grey option made me perk up. That sounds like it would be MUCH better with the Blue.

I am glad you like it....it is my little creation....I have reciently had an obcession with blue cars....but my Tesla will be Orange...I think I listed my interior color choice earlier in the thread...

What # are you? Can I get pictures of the car when you do get it so I can see what I did not choose? :)