Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior Detailer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone recommend an interior detailer that will UV protect my car that doesn't streak and just works well? I've been looking for 2 days now and every time I find one that looks good, I find reviews that it streaks or worse that it leaves white marks that don't come out etc.

I was going to use 303, but maybe the stuff I have is too old, but its just streaking everywhere. I don't need an exercise in frustration and worrying about having a dashboard that is all streaked or worse gets ruined trying to buff out this 303. If anyone knows how to do the 303 without streaking I'm all ears otherwise something that just works and won't streak would be appreciated.

Can someone recommend an interior detailer that will UV protect my car that doesn't streak and just works well? I've been looking for 2 days now and every time I find one that looks good, I find reviews that it streaks or worse that it leaves white marks that don't come out etc.

I was going to use 303, but maybe the stuff I have is too old, but its just streaking everywhere. I don't need an exercise in frustration and worrying about having a dashboard that is all streaked or worse gets ruined trying to buff out this 303. If anyone knows how to do the 303 without streaking I'm all ears otherwise something that just works and won't streak would be appreciated.

I use 303 regularly on my Model 3 interior; dash, door panels, white seats, etc. If you are getting streaks when using it that means that you are using to much and then it drys, leaving "streaks". Read the directions on the back of the 303 spray bottle, it talks about "streaking" as being caused by using to much. I just went out to my garage and experimented on my dash by using a wetter microfiber rag then I normally use, and sure enough it was blotchy. So I just went back over it with the same microfiber and then buffed it out with a dry microfiber and it came out perfect.

Tips to use it from my non-expert experience:

1. Make sure the surface is clean before you apply it.

2. Standing outside the car, spray a quality microfiber rag with the 303, then get in the car and wipe down the surface. Immediately flip the microfiber (or use a 2nd dry microfiber) and buff until dry and the surface looks "even" with no streaks. If you use the spray bottle while in the car, the spray will get on nearby unwanted surfaces and then dry.

Remember, this stuff is NOT going to leave a super shiny surface like the old Amour-All product. Personally, I love the finish this leaves; a subtle, satin-like sheen that does not attract dust after you apply it.

I'm a big fan of Mckee's 37 products. Here are two products that I like:

McKee's 37 Total Interior Cleaner
This cleaner replaces surface-specific cleaners. It works on almost every interior surface! McKee's 37 Total Interior Cleaner cleans plastic, vinyl, leather, carpet, and upholstery without harsh solvents or caustic chemicals. The cleaner removes stains and spills from fabric and cleans body oils out of fine leather seats without drying. Clear plastic will wipe clean without any residue. Remove old dressings from plastic and vinyl without depositing any film. McKee's 37 Total Interior Cleaner contains no gloss agents so it will not alter the appearance of the cleaned surface.

16 oz. McKee's 37 Interior Surface Protectant
McKee's 37 Interior Surface Protectant is a multi-surface shield for your vehicle’s interior. It maintains the supple, fresh texture of vinyl, leather, plastic, and rubber while blocking out harmful UV rays. Treated surfaces resist fading, drying, and cracking so your interior maintains a fresh new look.

I'm leaning towards Griots as it seems to get good reviews and very reasonable for the price. I am also looking at Black Magic interior detailer and west coast customs interior detailer. (Both really cheap from walmart) The Black Magic one is said to dry without streaks, no buffing and has been tested on the dash.

Maybe my 303 is bad as I've had it for years, but having to stand outside the car, spray the towel, hop back in the car, wipe a section, then wipe it dry is way too much hassle. I tried doing it in the car and no maqtter what it would end up shooting somewhere it shouldn't go.

Even the old surfcity garage dashaway that I've had for years, is spray, and wipe, no issues, no worrying about streaks etc.

I use 303 regularly on my Model 3 interior; dash, door panels, white seats, etc. If you are getting streaks when using it that means that you are using to much and then it drys, leaving "streaks". Read the directions on the back of the 303 spray bottle, it talks about "streaking" as being caused by using to much. I just went out to my garage and experimented on my dash by using a wetter microfiber rag then I normally use, and sure enough it was blotchy. So I just went back over it with the same microfiber and then buffed it out with a dry microfiber and it came out perfect.

Tips to use it from my non-expert experience:

1. Make sure the surface is clean before you apply it.

2. Standing outside the car, spray a quality microfiber rag with the 303, then get in the car and wipe down the surface. Immediately flip the microfiber (or use a 2nd dry microfiber) and buff until dry and the surface looks "even" with no streaks. If you use the spray bottle while in the car, the spray will get on nearby unwanted surfaces and then dry.

Remember, this stuff is NOT going to leave a super shiny surface like the old Amour-All product. Personally, I love the finish this leaves; a subtle, satin-like sheen that does not attract dust after you apply it.

hi, do you use the 303 cleaner or the protectant?