Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior Detailing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What are some products Tesla owners use on their interiors? The center console and door armrest are high touch areas so it seems like going with something that is matte overall would have the most visual consistency. It also seems like part of the door may be leather and some vinyl. Do most use different products for different parts of the door?

Thanks in advance.

For general interior cleaning Optimum No Rinse(ONR) is one of the most versatile and safe options. Diluted at 256/1, ONR’s soy based polymers will Clean effectively, with a neutral PH, so no damage to any surface. As an added bonus it’s probably the best glass cleaner you will ever use.

Reactions: Petra
For general interior cleaning Optimum No Rinse(ONR) is one of the most versatile and safe options. Diluted at 256/1, ONR’s soy based polymers will Clean effectively, with a neutral PH, so no damage to any surface. As an added bonus it’s probably the best glass cleaner you will ever use.

For the interior? I use ONR for the exterior (my car has ceramic coating).

I agree with all the Opticoat folks. Use ONR as my detailing solution as well as my exterior / interior washing solution. I will also sometimes use 1ZEinsett Cockpit Premium with microfiber towel on the interior.

Two years after getting Opticoat Pro+ applied after full paint correction, my car is pristine. I swear by this stuff.

IMG_1715.jpg IMG_1716.jpg IMG_1718.jpg IMG_1730.jpg

I agree with all the Opticoat folks. Use ONR as my detailing solution as well as my exterior / interior washing solution. I will also sometimes use 1ZEinsett Cockpit Premium with microfiber towel on the interior.

Two years after getting Opticoat Pro+ applied after full paint correction, my car is pristine. I swear by this stuff.

View attachment 263186 View attachment 263187 View attachment 263188 View attachment 263189

I was hesitant to use ONR at first but I love it for washing. I actually have a bottle sprayer that has ONR in it right now.

Does ONR have a shelf life when in a bottle?

Reactions: Yvan@OptiCoat
For Interior I use this...

Interior Detailer

Smart Polish Pro Interior Detailer. It works great. I use it all over the interior. The seats + the back of the seats themselves, the dashboard, both screens, the doors, works like a charm. Eco friendly, no harsh chemicals, safe to use all over the interior. Good price too and lasts a good while.

It really makes things simple. I can't phantom the idea of having multiple products for multiple parts of the interior.

I love ONR for the exterior. Never considered it for the interior though; mainly because the owner's manual says to generally use warm water and maybe soap for the vegan seats. I mainly just use water since that's always recommended by the manufacturer of my window tint.

I love ONR for the exterior. Never considered it for the interior though; mainly because the owner's manual says to generally use warm water and maybe soap for the vegan seats. I mainly just use water since that's always recommended by the manufacturer of my window tint.
Optimum No Rinse(ONR) is soy based , and safe on all surfaces including tinted windows. In my Detailing shops we have been using it for 10 years now.

OptiCoat folks... I have OptiCoat Pro on my paint and glass, is ONR all I need to maintain? I also got the OptiCoat Glass cleaner/protectant (the website has a specialty product in a clear bottle for everything). Are all of these products basically the same as ONR with different packaging??

Surprisingly, most of the Tesla interior cleans best with water and a microfiber. I have tried some very hight-end cleaners (for example, Swissvax quick interior) which I've used in previous cars - it just leaves streaks in the Tesla. Alcantara and fabric may need specific cleaners, but overall, water just works!

Reactions: Hiline
Fat or oily creams/conditioners are only needed on worn leather or leather before the 90s. All automotive leather, at least Tesla's leather, has a clear coat which don't absorb fat or water. Therefore, a sacrificial layer of e.g. SiO2 or something that bonds to new leather is important.