Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior door handles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting post from the Mod S forum regarding his flooded Mod S and his inability to get into his car: My Experience With a Flooded Model S in Houston

So....if one is inside the car...and car is bricked....seems like the only way out is to call Tesla ir break glass...hmmm.

No, there is a mechanical door release on the inside (that's what most this thread talks about, the two mechanisms). You can always get out. The same is true of the Model S (he was trying to get in, not out).

Reactions: JeffK
Ahh...ok...the Mod S has an electromechanical door open lever/handle and the rear seats have a mechanical cable release as a backup. Hoping the Mod 3 is the same. Yeah..I read the post...was thinking if he had issues getting in then one could also have issues getting out..thus the concern.

Ahh...ok...the Mod S has an electromechanical door open lever/handle and the rear seats have a mechanical cable release as a backup. Hoping the Mod 3 is the same. Yeah..I read the post...was thinking if he had issues getting in then one could also have issues getting out..thus the concern.

I know this thread is a little long, but there are lots of pictures in it showing that the Model 3 has both an electronic button and a mechanical handle to open the door.

Reactions: JeffK
There is no hoping, it will definitely have manual mechanical release.