Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior door trim

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi - picked up a used Model S recently, which I’m enjoying a lot. The car is in very good condition generally, but I am going through it and tidying up any small signs of wear and tear. The metal trim strip on the inside of the drivers door is a bit dinged, and I was wondering if this piece is removable independently of the trim panel. Can I just replace it, or do I need a whole door trim.

I see a few wrap pieces available for this which could be another option. Thoughts ?

Attachments

• 1C1BEBE3-F95F-4B19-9E79-F1D7715DE656.jpeg
    1C1BEBE3-F95F-4B19-9E79-F1D7715DE656.jpeg
    163.7 KB · Views: 360
I posted about this a little awhile ago here on the Facebook group. It’s even worse with the newer Graphite trim as scratches from my wedding ring really show. It’s a poorly made part that gets a lot of wear and tear. You can find the part number here: https://epc.tesla.com/#/systemGroups/60233 and search EBay or part outs in the for Sale section on this site.

I ended up buying this Carbon Fiber wrap which I am waiting on delivery for:

Online Shop Door trim for car tesla model s accessories tesla 2018 model s tesla car accessories tesla model s carbon fiber interior | Aliexpress Mobile

It's definitely a replaceable part on it's own. That's the first thing I had replaced when I got my used Model S. I had the Service Center do it for me and it cost $150 total, labor and parts and all. I was going to do it myself, but the part was like $100, so it wasn't that much labor they were charging me.