Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

interior leather showing wearing signs after just 100 miles?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have just under 100 miles on my P85+ with the grey leather. I noticed toady that the drivers side seat is already getting discolored and showing wrinkle wear along the outside rim on the seat and seat back from getting in and out of the car. I had a lexus with the same color seats prior and I didn't notice wear like this until well after a year of use.

Has anyone else noticed this with their seats and if so any ideas about what to do to protect further wear? Maybe and after market leather treatment product or professional treatment?

I haven't noticed the issue you described (1,500 miles and tan leather). The outside rim will take the most abuse of course. In addition, I suspect the leather will wrinkle a bit more than in the Lexus because it actually seems more like natural leather than the heavily treated leather that Lexus uses. As for discoloration, I noticed that the seats do pickup dirt quite a bit. I have already used a high quality leather cleaner on the seats, and that restored them to perfect condition. Thus, there is at least a possibility that the discoloration you are seeing is just dirt or dye transfer.