Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

interior lighting - front row ceiling light?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi dears!

The MX lack of lighting in the front row (driver & passenger seats) is annoying for me. Sometimes it makes me use the flash lights of my phone to check for things in the center console area.

I am wondering if there are any work arounds into adding some sort of ambient lightings across the beam connected to the rearview mirror perhaps?

Does anyone suffer the same? if so, what workarounds have you done to resolve the issue?

thanks!

Reactions: payneml
Hi @Silicon Desert,

I have all of the Abstract Ocean LED lights...

The "only" one they do not offer is the overhead light...

Do you know of a good overhead replacement???
I know this may also have enhanced security ramifications...
as the fixture is replaced or enhanced for the security package...

Shawn
GREAT. Sorry I don't know of an overhead light replacement. I thought you were having trouble with low brightness of the other ones. Perhaps someone else will have an idea. That overhead light does suck.

We have the same issue - I posted a thread "Dim dome lights" yesterday with no replies yet. My wife (usually a front seat passenger) can't believe such a well-engineered modern vehicle would not have adequate interior lighting for front seat occupants.

Not a good fix but the sun visor have lights, which I've used before to provide just a little more forward facing light. And totally agree it was a miss. I really like the idea of possibly having lights under the rear view mirror or across the plastic conduit overhead. I'm hoping someone will MacGyver it:D

All these little things drive me nuts and really make the MX experience worse than other vehicles in this price range. No back seat storage, no grab handles, no armrest on captain chairs, ridiculously small sun visors, flimsy rear cup holders, poor sound deadening (cheap glass and seals) and bad overhead lighting. There are so many usability issues in this car interior I just can’t recommend it to others

Reactions: mohanman and 07e92
Totally agree with the poster about "missing features "..I bought a cheap stick on LED light with a push switch and stuck it over the existing light . Looks odd but works great .. Try Amazon or you can get them at most auto parts stores .