Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior lighting on SR+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was wondering if some of the lucky few who have already collected their sr+ clarify two things with regards to the 'interior' lights

Do the footwell lights work? Been reading that they are software locked which would make the bulbs I just bought a bit redundant and

Also can you confirm if the puddle lights work (and on all four doors?), I would of assumed these were somewhat of a safety feature so definitely included...but clarification either way would be great.

Was wondering if some of the lucky few who have already collected their sr+ clarify two things with regards to the 'interior' lights

Do the footwell lights work? Been reading that they are software locked which would make the bulbs I just bought a bit redundant and

Also can you confirm if the puddle lights work (and on all four doors?), I would of assumed these were somewhat of a safety feature so definitely included...but clarification either way would be great.

Footwell lights are not working on mine.

All four doors have puddle lights that work “out of the box”.

I do plan on upgrading them and the boot lights to brighter LEDs though!

Footwell lights are not working on mine.

All four doors have puddle lights that work “out of the box”.

I do plan on upgrading them and the boot lights to brighter LEDs though!
Thanks for the clarification...I got 8 hi output LEDs before I read that the SR doesn't have them active...aah well...will do boot and frunk at least...with some left over for...uuuh...emergencies...

What's the best place to buy the upgraded lights?
I don’t know about the best place, but I got mine from TapTes. The front puddle lights have been replaced with the Tesla logo, and the boot lights are now about 10 times brighter. Really easy to fit. The only fiddly bit with the puddle lights is that the car leads once unplugged are very short. Don’t let go of the end! The projector front puddle lights came with short extension cables to make it easier.

Reactions: ChrisA70