Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

interior lights RPM vs. Abstact Ocean

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so looking at the different lighting options out there, what do you all think about what seem to be the most popular options RPM Tesla or Abstract Ocean? i get the price difference but i am looking for any actual data on which has the better products,
i am looking at
1. footwell lights,
2. puddle lights
3. door lights
4. Trunk lights.
simple but i don't want to put low quality in the car.

I bought both. Ordered the Blue ones from RPM and didnt like the way the looked because the door pocket light are white and just looked strange. Tried to remove them to return and they broke. RPM also does not sell white ones that are simply brighter.
I ordered ambient white ones from Abstract and couldnt be happier. They also ship immediately and you will have your product in 3-4 days.
RPM on the other hand takes atleast 2-3 weeks or more.
Use code "undecided" for 10% on Abstract and if you want to shoot me your email address I can send you a 10$ gift off your first purchase there.

Reactions: Travism56
I currently have rpm ones in the trunk and the 4 puddles (all white), but im getting random flickers. Sometimes the trunk light flickers, sometimes its one of the puddles. Not sure what the issue is. Not enough current going to them, or crappy lights.

I have all upgraded lights from Abstract Ocean and couldn’t be happier.

Just did the front “T” puddle lights tonight and they look awesome.

Also note the upgraded footwell lights. So nice and bright.

Attachments

• 2193A823-9A31-43CF-AA2F-E4C64DED7E64.jpeg
    2193A823-9A31-43CF-AA2F-E4C64DED7E64.jpeg
    184.6 KB · Views: 353
I bought both. Ordered the Blue ones from RPM and didnt like the way the looked because the door pocket light are white and just looked strange. Tried to remove them to return and they broke. RPM also does not sell white ones that are simply brighter.
I ordered ambient white ones from Abstract and couldnt be happier. They also ship immediately and you will have your product in 3-4 days.
Use code "undecided" for 10% on Abstract and if you want to shoot me your email address I can send you a 10$ gift off your first purchase there.
I had the same issues with puddle lights from Abstract Ocean where I tried to remove one of them and the housing snapped apart from the bulb. Had to remove the door panel to fish it out.

I currently have rpm ones in the trunk and the 4 puddles (all white), but im getting random flickers. Sometimes the trunk light flickers, sometimes its one of the puddles. Not sure what the issue is. Not enough current going to them, or crappy lights.
Crappy lights. All of mine from them flicker. I still need to send them back

I have all AO. 4 blue footwell, glovebox and center console, 2 bright white trunk and 4 ‘3 bar’ puddles. Zero issues, the quickest shipping and IMO the best customer service around.
Agree.

I bought a set of the pigtail extenders for the puddle lights since they said they might be needed, didn't end up needing them, I asked if they could be returned and within 10 minutes I had a response with a USPS return label attached.

hey thank you!!!! they actually gave me a 15% discount! much appreciated!!!

• Love
Reactions: brandonee916
I've used the AO ones in my past 2 Model S's, my Model X, and Model 3 without any problems. A better discount code is "Teslainventory" from Daerik for 15% off. The code can only be used once per account, so make sure you order everything you need on that order.
There are a few more that I know of,

Teslaraj

Undecided

I used these a few weeks ago, not sure if they're still valid.

I have RPM Tesla's blue interior light as well as trunk and glovebox lights and no issues so far.

Exterior puddle lights are from RPM Tesla as well but I may change them to the "T Tesla" or something among those lines.

I believe you can go either or, it wouldn't be much of a difference.