TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Interior lights suddenly turning on??

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Nototrader, Feb 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Nototrader

Nototrader Member

Ok. So we are test driving a brand new p90d. Today, twice, as we are driving, all the interior lights suddenly turn on. No warnings...no doors open...nothing. About a minute later, they all shut off again. Happened a few min after we left the house and then a few min before we arrived home. Is this normal? What is that?

2. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Well-Known Member

Ghost in the Machine?

3. mrjedistud

mrjedistud Member

Did you by any chance move around in the seat. There are weight sensors that trigger certain things if the weight shifts.

4. KArnold

KArnold Member

I know this is an old post but I've had the same on my 2017 MS100D. Both times just cruising the freeway, no moving in the seat. A minute later they turn off. Very strange...

5. FlyingCookie

FlyingCookie Member

I had the interior lights randomly flash at me one night in Memphis when I hit the brake , but just chalked it up to a random weird bug.