Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior Moisture Problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's really raining here in Southern California. Went out in the rain in our 2021 MYLR for dinner at friends. Parked outside for about 4 hours. When we went to leave the inside of the windshield was soaked to the point of almost dripping. We turned on all the defrosters and had to wait about 5 minutes to get the inside of the windshield clear enough to drive. I have had fogging in other cars while I was in them but never had wet like this when I was not even inside. It was like there was some opening to the outside air while parked. Yes, had I known it was wet inside I could have turned the defroster on before I entered but I didn't know it was wet, and never expected it to be as wet as it was. is this common in wet weather for the MY?

Try calibrating the window actuators. See Tesla Model Y Owner's Manual, Page 13.

https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model_y_owners_manual_north_america_en.pdf

Check the security settings, check the box that closes all windows when locked.

In colder weather the Tesla Model Y will lower the window by 1/4". This can help prevent the window from freezing to the door seal (but not the seal at the bottom of the window where the window lowers into the door frame.)

Reactions: No_ICE
My wife’s MYP acted like this when it was new until we scrubbed the presidue off the inside of the windows. Seemed like a strange suggestion from another feed, but the problem went instantly away.
Can I ask what you used to scrub the windows? I really need to do this on my M3, I’ve tried Fast Glass but it’s not really doing the job.