TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Interior options change

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by thegangler, Jan 20, 2017.

1. thegangler

thegangler Member

Still finalizing my options in design studio, and went to take a look at interior options. My account shows this:

Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 12.50.04 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 12.54.11 PM.png

Hitting the order site via incognito, you see this - wtf Tesla?

2. jwtseng

jwtseng Member

What is weird is that I just configured a Model S, and selected the second Black/figured ash/Black option...but when I click on Next to save my design...the line item listing is showing black headliner, figured ash wood trim, and ultrawhite seats.

• Like x 1
  3. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

Tesla changed the way you order interior options last night.

4. Electric700

Electric700 Active Member

Contact [email protected] if you can't configure the options you want. As a start, I think they should allow the Carbon Fiber option with the Multi-Pattern Black Seats configuration as well as the lighter color headliner.

5. virtualsmack

virtualsmack Member

i got multi-pattern black with carbon fiber when i ordered last year. i'd be bummed if I wasn't able to get that configuration. couple of other things i noticed:

1) multi-pattern seats looks like premium seats now, and not the classic black seats.
    2) they are recommending white and even have a note that emphasizes that when white seats are selected. funny for a manufacturer to recommend a color... which is a fundamentally subjective choice to make.

probably simplifies supply chain for them but i liked the old way better.

6. alseTrick

alseTrick Active Member

Ooh, that's what I want.

7. ModelX

ModelX Active Member

This is what I have and I love it!

8. TacC

TacC Member

I think in this case they're endorsing the quality of the seats more so than the color.

9. TE5LAZ24

TE5LAZ24 Member

I had to change my seats since I upgraded to the 100D. I went to multi pattern....now can't get the carbon fiber. Anyone out here successful in getting Tesla to add something out of there configuration. I would love to get the CF w/multi pattern.

10. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

It would be easier to just have your service center change it after delivery.

11. nflfan7

nflfan7 Member

Will the service center add the carbon fiber after delivery?

12. InsaneDriver

InsaneDriver Member

The quality or their marginal cost to produce them?