Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior options change

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still finalizing my options in design studio, and went to take a look at interior options. My account shows this:

Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 12.50.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 12.54.11 PM.png

Hitting the order site via incognito, you see this - wtf Tesla?

What is weird is that I just configured a Model S, and selected the second Black/figured ash/Black option...but when I click on Next to save my design...the line item listing is showing black headliner, figured ash wood trim, and ultrawhite seats.

Reactions: ModelX
i got multi-pattern black with carbon fiber when i ordered last year. i'd be bummed if I wasn't able to get that configuration. couple of other things i noticed:

1) multi-pattern seats looks like premium seats now, and not the classic black seats.
2) they are recommending white and even have a note that emphasizes that when white seats are selected. funny for a manufacturer to recommend a color... which is a fundamentally subjective choice to make.

probably simplifies supply chain for them but i liked the old way better.

i got multi-pattern black with carbon fiber when i ordered last year. i'd be bummed if I wasn't able to get that configuration. couple of other things i noticed:

1) multi-pattern seats looks like premium seats now, and not the classic black seats.
2) they are recommending white and even have a note that emphasizes that when white seats are selected. funny for a manufacturer to recommend a color... which is a fundamentally subjective choice to make.

probably simplifies supply chain for them but i liked the old way better.
I think in this case they're endorsing the quality of the seats more so than the color.

I had to change my seats since I upgraded to the 100D. I went to multi pattern....now can't get the carbon fiber. Anyone out here successful in getting Tesla to add something out of there configuration. I would love to get the CF w/multi pattern.