Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior Ordering Options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are getting ready to order our Model X and we are wondering about the interior choices. The owner adviser we have been dealing with swears by the white interior.(Our 24-hour test drive model had the white interior.) I know the white interior is not leather and it is recommended by Tesla and supposedly it doesn't get very dirty and is easy to clean. I stopped having white of anything 40 years ago when my first kid was born! My first instinct was to go with black leather. We are leaning towards blue exterior. We would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks for the input. Sandiegodoug, You got black leather in yours? The black interior that comes with the X I am guessing that is polyurethane like the white??
Nope, there is no vegan option for black seats, unless you mean multipattern, in which case I don't think that uses real leather.

White Seats automatically make all the other leather in the car "vegan" even if it is black.

We have blue on white. We have a six year old and one month old. Four months and four thousand miles in we have no regrets. White makes the interior "pop". Also no issues with heat (we are in Texas). We had black leather in other cars and even with heat rejecting tint on all windows (including the windshield!) Black seats were much hotter. To each their own. I'll be ordering white for my S or 3 next year as well.

Just because someone else is afraid of staining the seats doesn't mean you should be.

Definitely get the white, especially since your going with blue.

The blue on white looks so amazing, I was trying to get myself to go for it. But I've always envisioned my X in white, so that's what I got.

I have the white seats, no problems so far, but nobody has spilled a coffee or soda on it. Had tan leather B4 and same story.
Dog has traversed back seats a bit on both, all good.

But don't ask me to spill some stinkin coffee, just answer it finally..... ;-)

My white seats will be a year old in 2 days. 12k miles later and they look like I just got them. As long as you take care and maintain the cleanliness of your possessions they will be just fine. My car interior always looks like I bought the car the day before.

Reactions: rjdoc74
I heard bad things about Tesla's leather and wasn't impressed when I sat in it at the showroom. We went with multi-pattern black and couldn't be happier. It's very nice, upscale "cloth" option that I think is a perfect fit for the midnight silver metallic exterior color!

Good luck on the X purchase!

I heard bad things about Tesla's leather and wasn't impressed when I sat in it at the showroom. We went with multi-pattern black and couldn't be happier. It's very nice, upscale "cloth" option that I think is a perfect fit for the midnight silver metallic exterior color!

Good luck on the X purchase!
Yep

Attachments

• IMG_1923.JPG
    IMG_1923.JPG
    322.8 KB · Views: 93