Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior photo requests

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. I've got a wait of five months and counting until my 85D arrives in Great Britain Kingdom which gives me too much time to worry about my interior design choices. It's down from 9 months but still feels like an epoch. I agonise over my choices every day having never bought a car from new before. I'm sure everybody spent some time searching google images for some shots of their design choices before their cars went into build and I'm no different... Except I can't find anything that matches exactly. I would be really grateful if anybody who has a Model S which matches my design specs could take some nice quality interior shots of their car and post them up here for me to look at (and dream!). Instagram filters or arty shots are pretty but not what I'd like to see.

So, if anybody has grey leather, standard seats, matte obeche, black headliner, premium interior with pano roof and would be willing to spend a few seconds scatter-gunning the interior of their cars with photographs during the day time I would be much obliged. Premium interior isn't that important as I believe there's not much immediate visual difference.

Thank you all all in advance.

PS. I been through every page of the photos threads looking for this design and searched this site and all the internets to no avail. There are a few photos out there that are very close, and I was beginning to think my specific design was unique, however I have seen a few of your spec signatures that match up. Thank you again to anybody who steps up.

Where in the UK are you?

Brum have a white 85, grey leather, pano with black headliner. Standard seats, gloss obeche wood or whatever it is.

I can can tell you unequivocally this is a very nice combo. I'm not a massive fan of gloss finish so I'm sure matte wood would look even better!

Sorry I have no photos but call David in brum if you are near

i played it safe and went for black next gen but seriously the grey leather looks stunning and actually more characterful compared to black. It's almost not grey it's no where near being bland or dull, it's like a modern stone wash grey. You will be very pleased. But as mentioned if you are near they have your exact spec just gloss not matte.

Last edited:
I have this exact combo right now (as I wait for my next gen seats)! I'll see what I can do although all I have is an iPhone so don't expect National Geographic quality.

I love the combo and have a black exterior. Any specific angles/requests?

Brilliant, nice one thanks. I've got the black exterior too. Clearly you have impeccable taste!

Ok, my shooting list would be some shots from the drivers seat sweeping across the dash from the far side to the near, a couple of shots from the rear seats looking into the front for a wider angle view. Could you also take a shot of the interior looking in from from the passenger side door. Finally some closer shots that capture the leather, dash veneer and the alcantera dash top in one shot and I think that would be everything. I hope that's not too much.

I'll be over the moon if you can do this for us (u/JMG above too).

Thanks.

This should be interesting as minus the premium interior, this is my optimum interior choice as well. Exterior I am looking for new grey or the current blue, but exterior-wise, it is easy to find photos to get a feel for the car. The interior is the hard one to find.

OK. Not much yet as I only took a few snaps inside my garage - will get some daylight photos one day. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the combo. All the iPhone photos come through upside down or sideways - any good way to fix this prior to posting photos?
IMG_1347.JPG
IMG_1352.JPG
IMG_1353.JPG
IMG_1354.JPG
IMG_1355.JPG

3s-a-charm, could you please also post a closeup of the B-pillar where the headliner material meets the rest of the car. There were discussions on how this area needs to change in the "seat post wear" thread and some saying that over time, changes have been made. Thanks!