Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior pre-cooling and heating

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From various thing I've read I have the impression you'll be able to pre-heat and cool the interior using a smartphone app. Is that actually the case? I was thinking how nice it would be to come back to an air conditioned car in summer.

Assuming this functionality is available, are there any restrictions on it? For example, can you only leave it at a certain temp for a max period of time, etc?

From various thing I've read I have the impression you'll be able to pre-heat and cool the interior using a smartphone app. Is that actually the case? I was thinking how nice it would be to come back to an air conditioned car in summer.

Assuming this functionality is available, are there any restrictions on it? For example, can you only leave it at a certain temp for a max period of time, etc?

I was in the Oak Brook store on Friday and asked about this - they said that the app should be out no later than October and we would get more details then...

I was in the Oak Brook store on Friday and asked about this - they said that the app should be out no later than October and we would get more details then...

Another thing I would like to know is whether we will be able to turn on window defrosting (rear and front) remotely.

That would be incredibly useful in winter, for those of us who have to carry brushes and shovels in our cars.

I spoke with one of the Tesla reps at the Amp Up event yesterday and asked about pre-cooling the car. He indicated that an app would definitely be out that will allow you to incrementally cool the car to 70 degrees. He would not specify a date but felt that it would hopefully be out by the time that I get my car...(November).