TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

interior quality

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by jbdvm1988, Jun 20, 2013.

1. jbdvm1988

jbdvm1988 Member

I had the opportunity to experience a MS test drive yesterday. The vehicle was awesome. The interior seemed less impressive. The display model (beta prototype?) dashboard looked like the top layer of leather was separating from the wood layer below it and the plastic moulding on the door sill was a smooth shiny plastic that was falling off. In the test drive car I neglected to look at these details instead focusing on the drive experience. Can any owners give me their impressions of the interior build quality. Overall the interior seemed sort of cheap. Thanks for your input

2. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Many of the test drive cars were the very first ones off the line and not everything was perfected. They have also had thousands of people through them. My car, built in February, has very good interior quality.

3. William13

William13 Member

My car is 7 months old with 12,500 miles. It looks pristine as far as build quality. I am fastidious and was wash the outside twice a week.