Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior Quality

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my Model S(actually it is my wife's). Waiting on my X to be delivered next month. After only two days and 120 miles, I have to gripe about the interior quality. I never really paid any attention to posts talking about the interior quality and blew them off as being overly picky people. But wow, talk about HORRIBLE quality, my Honda Accord had a better interior fit and finish. The rubber moldings are loose and floppy, the leather seat stitching in my $2500 upgraded seats look like a 3 year old in China stitched it. One piece of leather looks like the cow must have been beaten with a meat tenderizer beforehand. There is also a scratch under the B pillar camera that is annoying the crap out of me. And it's on the inside of the glass, not the outside. Cars should not be delivered like this. How hard can it be to make the seat stitching right? or the rubber moldings put in the right place without them bubbling out. I have owned everything from a Nissan Altima, Honda Accord, Mercedes, Lexus, even a Camry and this car that costs 4 times the price hands down has the worst quality fit and finish. It looks nice, but don't look too close.

Other than that, I like the car and I bought it for autopilot and the technology it has in it. Tesla might disappear once other car manufacturers have technology that fuctions at the same level as Tesla's. I hope not because they are innovators and we need innovators. Get your head in the game Tesla and fix your sub par interiors!

• Funny
Reactions: JetKit and K-MTG
I agree, unfortunately. My car was at the SC a couple of months ago (ironically for a trim issue, that was not resolved), and I was provided a Crysler 300 as a loaner. Think what you will about the car, but the fit and finish was much tighter than my 2016 Model S.

Hello All,

I just took possession of my 2015 S 85D and I love it.
However it suffers from a lack of interior storage.
The Evannex console seems to be a good option but I can tell the size of the compartments from the photos.
I'd like to see one in person.
If anyone has one in the Pacific Northwest and wouldn't mind showing it, please let me know.
Thanks
MDR