Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior / seats hot after overnight charge?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
for the second time in 2 months, my car's interior and seats were hot when I got in my car in the morning after charging overnight in my garage. I charge at 50A. no sign of the seat heaters being on, and interior was set to 75, but camper mode / dog mode were not on. The interior was warmer than the garage. any ideas? Is this some kind of normal charging mode? I've had my car almost a year.

No smart preconditioning, no "keep climate on", and the first thing I checked when my daughter and I got in and said "yikes!" when we sat down was to look at the seat heaters and they were not lit. Unless they enabled themselves overnight and turned off before I got in. I never use smart preconditioning nor have I ever kept the climate on after parking (tried dog mode once just to see what it did when it came out last month, that's it). I do use cabin overheat protection, but that cools the car down after it hits 105 - never heard of it heating the car up! It was 70 last night, and this was in a garage that's shaded by a giant oak tree.

As soon as we got in, the AC turned on full blast to cool the cabin down. So yeah the interior was way hotter than 75. In the warm weather I always have my car set to 75, and never have this problem other than these 2 incidents while charging overnight.

I'm thinking I should call service - maybe they can check the car logs OTA and see if they find anything. Car worked fine today, seats comfortable on my drive home even after sitting outside all day in the sun on a 95 degree day. Not nearly as hot as they were this morning.

Just confirmed smart preconditioning is off. I actually didn't check the back seats, but both front seats were hot both on bottom and back cushions. Have a service appointment for Tuesday, so don't want to reset anything until they check it. I'll be charging again on Friday night, so we'll see what happens Saturday morning.

Mine just started doing this as well. Had the car in to Service for unrelated issue and mentioned this to the Service Adviser. Only explanation was the heat was due to charging. Tried to compare it to charging a cell phone. When the phone is charging, the battery warms up. I've had my car for about a year and the cabin heat started after software upgrade to 2019.16.2. Prior to that, car interior matched the ambient garage temp. He just stuck to his story and said it was normal. Even the Service Tech said it was normal. I really hate Tesla Service Advisers, do they think we are that stupid.