TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Interior temperature auto adjust

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by bomquito, Aug 20, 2018.

1. bomquito

bomquito Member

My car has been in for service for the last week and I’ve noticed every Afternoon the temperature inside the car reaches closer to 150F. Is this normal? It seems very hot to me.

Attached Files:

2. boriszima

boriszima Member

This is very hot. My car that is parked outside in Socal when its about 95F, inside temp reaches 115F or so.

3. bomquito

bomquito Member

The funny thing is the outside temperature for the past week has been in the 95F max in Buena Park. I’m not sure why the internal temp reached that high. Here’s one today at 127F when the ambient temp is 92F.

Attached Files:

4. Dacenas

Dacenas New Member

8EE61A1A-703D-4D88-90C9-1E7D291ACD08.jpeg I had the same experience at the same location... all the parking there is under direct sunlight.

5. sdrevik

sdrevik Member

Just buy a bunch of aluminum foil and roll it on top of the car when you park. Then tweet a photo to Elon so he can see what his actual cars end up looking like in parking lots.

6. Tezlah

Tezlah Member

I had the same thing happen when my car was waiting for service, in the parking lot. The internal temp. was around 140*. When the car isn’t in service, I notice temps don’t get above 120ish. Strange

7. bomquito

bomquito Member

100% agreement.

I am under the impression that with the cabin protection, the temp will auto adjust to prevent over heating. Does this relate to internal temp protection as well? I wonder if a tint job will prevent this, at the same time maybe I should invest in a shade covering. I believe Tesla shop has this.